"Omega" Chris Edwards Commemorative Knife

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
barshoo

"Omega" Chris Edwards Commemorative Knife

Post by barshoo »

"Omega" aka Chris Edwards passed away suddenly on January 23rd. Heart attack. He was a very dear friend of mine. I wanted to put forth the idea of making a commemorative knife to honor and memorialize him. I knew Chris for over 18 years. I want to do a commemorative knife for him. Are any of you interested in memorializing him in this way? I was thinking of doing 30 knives.

If any of you remember, I did a commemorative knife for Rick Giroux in 2018. I had Angelo Campolin do 30 knives for me and I sold them all. I would really like to do this for Chris, also. I am taking a poll to see if there are 30 of you interested, or if some of you want more than 1 knife. So, please...let me hear from you. Thank you!!

I received the knives Monday night, June 15th and mailed them out Wednesday afternoon, June 17, 2020. I sent out by email all the tracking numbers, but if you did not receive yours, send me a PM.

My "system" worked...I did it all on my own. My husband surprised me today with a congratulatory bouquet of yellow and pink roses!

Yesterday, before David took the packages and certificates to the Post Office, I took this picture below...to document my last look at my finished project.

Here are some pictures: I picked out 9 or 10 pictures out of 56 pics...It was hard, and I'm sorry it took so long! Knives #1 and #14 are mine, #8 is David's, and #4 and #6 are assigned. I have not heard from the assignee's in a few month's, so #4 and #6 may be available for sale ($128.00 each/shipped, Certificate of Authenticity signed by Angelo Campolin gets mailed to you separately, as the cert. is too big for the box).

The last 2 pictures mean a lot to me: I worked 32 hours in 3 days, cleaning, packaging, and labeling knife boxes, so I snapped a photo of the project-in-a-box before David took them to the post office for me. Then he surprised me yesterday with a bouquet of roses to congratulate me...I was touched! Anyway, thanks for your patience!
Last edited by barshoo on Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:11 pm, edited 9 times in total.
I will push your buttons--please pass me your switchblades first.
portlandmike

Re: "Omega" Chris Edwards Commemorative Knife

Post by portlandmike »

Hey Barb, what knife are you thinking of using ?
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

I am thinking of using a 9" AGA Campolin "Dominus". Have you seen one of those? That, or the 9" Sicilian Picklock. I need to contact Angelo to see if he can do it. :D
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

Now that we know which parties have the most collaborative attitudes, I suspect this could go even better than the last run! (and that was pretty darn good too). Count me in!
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Thank you, Luke! Since there is little interest, I may just do a run of 25 knives. Rick Giroux, though not as well known as Chris Edwards, drew heavier interest and comments than Chris' passing. I will go ahead and contact Angelo, and get the ball rolling. I may just do 25 of the 9" Sicilian Picklocks in Dark horn, or Brazilian horn, instead of the Dominus. I will have Bill DeShivs do the engraving.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I feel bad. It's great that Rick got a knife and Omega certainly deserves one as well. I just can't justify getting in with my current situation. Good luck, Barb.
sprink

Post by sprink »

It's a nice gesture that you are willing to take on another project like this, I cherish the one i have to honor Rick, ,i would be more interested in a dominus over a cicilian personally .
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

I believe that you're right, Sprink! We already have Rick's commemorative Sicilian, Chris' should be different, and the Dominus fills the bill. I have one, so I can post pictures , so everyone can see what it looks like. Thank you for your suggestion! It's exactly what I've been looking for...
kugr

Post by kugr »

Put me on the list, I'll make sure I have the funds at the ready.
Looking for those un-repairable, lost cause stilettos.
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Okay, guys!! It is a "GO". I contacted Angelo, and he is going to make me 25 9" Dominus' with Brazilian Horn scales! He will send them in an AGA Campolin cardboard box.

I am starting a sign-up sheet here on the Off Topic site. I already have 4 people on the sign-up sheet already. I will have a price for you as soon as possible.
barshoo

Omega (Chris Edwards) Commemorative Knife Sign-up List

Post by barshoo »

"Omega" Chris Edwards - Engraved Commemorative Knife

AGA Campolin 9 inch "Dominus" w/Brazilian Horn scales & cardboard box.
(Comes with a special Certificate of Authenticity)

Engraving: "Chris Edwards 2020 1 of 25"

$128 shipped Priority Mail. PAYPAL ACCEPTED AT THIS TIME (choose option "Family & Friends" ONLY).

Payment due MAY 31, 2020 OR when Knives and Certificates are ready to ship.

Please PM me for my address to send me payment.

(I will need your mailing address, email address, and cell phone # (for texting) in a private message.)

THE KNIVES ARE ALL ASSIGNED, PAID, AND SHIPPED. THANK YOU ALL

FOR SUPPORTING ME WITH THIS PROJECT!!

Knife Assignment List

1) Barshoo/Barb - PAID & GOT IT
2) LukeOfMass/Luke S. - PAID & SHIPPED
3) Sprink/Mike Q. - PAID & SHIPPED
4) Thom B - PAID & SHIPPED
5) Ssslap/Mark B. - PAID & SHIPPED
6) Russell J - PAID & SHIPPED
7) Stephen M. L. - PAID & SHIPPED
8 ) David P. - PAID & GOT IT
9) Tazman Tom - PAID & SHIPPED
10) Jim_mi/James K. - PAID & SHIPPED
11) Djones/Dan - PAID & SHIPPED
12) Mike B. - PAID & SHIPPED
13) Natcherly/Dave - PAID
14) Barshoo/Barb - PAID & GOT IT
15) Charles S. - PAID & SHIPPED
16) Jason S. - PAID & SHIPPED
17) Frederick Y. - PAID & SHIPPED
18) Randy McC. - PAID & SHIPPED
19) Sharon Edwards - GIFT & SHIPPED
20) Tom J. - PAID & SHIPPED
21) Freddy Y. - PAID & SHIPPED
22) Todd B. - PAID & SHIPPED
23) Lee T. - PAID & SHIPPED
24) Lee T. - PAID & SHIPPED
25) Terry H. - PAID & SHIPPED

Here is the Certificate of Authenticity that will go with each engraved knife:

Last edited by barshoo on Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:54 pm, edited 58 times in total.
SSSLAP

Re: Omega (Chris Edwards) Commemorative Knife Sign-up List

Post by SSSLAP »

Count me in please.
RandyKingrey

Post by RandyKingrey »

I will take one.
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Hello all, I am still trying to get a price out of Angelo, and I am sure he is thinking it over. I have someone who is going to do the engraving, and I have a quote for that. I will let you know as soon as Angelo lets me know. He says they are making the Dominus' in a month. So I hope he let's me know soon!
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Hello again,

I still have not heard back from Angelo. But I wanted to let you know that I will need payments up front, so that I will be able to pay for your knife. So start saving up for it! I am guessing, totally guessing, that the knives are going to cost somewhere between $110 to $130. I don't think it will be as high as $130, but Angelo is making me nervous with his non-response. I'm estimating high. :shock: Hang in there!!