"Omega" Chris Edwards Commemorative Knife

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
barshoo

Re: 9" Dominus...and sample Certificate of Authenticity for Chris Edwards Memorial knife

Post by barshoo »

I am accepting payments now, as we are within about two weeks away from shipping out completed knives. So please PM me, if you have not already. Thank you very much!
I will push your buttons--please pass me your switchblades first.
barshoo

Re: Omega (Chris Edwards) Commemorative Knife Sign-up List

Post by barshoo »

I'm accepting payments now, as we are close to two weeks from shipping out completed knives. PM me, please, if you need to. ALSO, we are down to 2 remaining knives: #23 and #24!
barshoo

Re: 9" Dominus...and sample Certificate of Authenticity for Chris Edwards Memorial knife

Post by barshoo »

Sign-ups END on Sunday, May 17th, 2020

I sent the knives Priority Mail on Saturday. Bill received them Monday afternoon...AMAZING!!
barshoo

Re: "Omega" Chris Edwards Commemorative Knives

Post by barshoo »

SIGN-UPS END ON SUNDAY, MAY 17TH
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

SIGN-UPS END ON SUNDAY, MAY 17TH

I'm accepting P/P at this time, "Friends or Family" option ONLY

The knives were mailed to the engraver on Saturday, the 9th...they arrived yesterday afternoon...AMAZING!!
barshoo

Re: "Omega" Chris Edwards Commemorative Knives

Post by barshoo »

May 13, 2020 - SOLD OUT!
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

May 13, 2020 - SOLD OUT!
barshoo

Re: "Omega" Chris Edwards Commemorative Knife

Post by barshoo »

May 13, 2020 - SOLD OUT!
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

May 13, 2020 - SOLD OUT!
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

This is Chris' obituary on Facebook:

Chris Edwards Christopher James Edwards died at home from a heart attack on 1/23/2020. He was 63 years old. Born 1/19/1957 to Donald James Edwards and Judith Christine (Bader) Edwards in Kansas City, Missouri. Chris was the grandson of Edgar James Edwards and Evelyn B. (Sharp) Edwards and George B. Bader, Jr. and Hildegarde L. (Youker) Bader. Chris and family moved to Cape Girardeau, Missouri before the end of the 1950s. He was a precocious boy. Chris surprised his kindergarten class on the first day of school with a heart-felt rendition of Moon River. His mother remarried in 1964 to Fowler C. Jones, Jr. Chris and the Joneses lived briefly in Columbia, Missouri before moving to Roeland Park, Kansas in September 1969. Chris attended Old Mission Junior High and Shawnee Mission North high school. He graduated from Shawnee Mission North in 1975. He met his wife Sharon Grandgenett at North, though it would be many years before they got together for good.

Chris moved to Florida in late 1984. He lived in the Florida Keys and the Tampa Bay area before returning to the Kansas City metro in the late 1990s. Chris worked in printer/copier services and the insurance business as a claims adjuster through the years. He was a cat lover and a crank. He never met a green vegetable he didn't hate. He enjoyed creative writing and practical jokes. He played acoustic guitar for most of his life. He loved to build electronic, metal gadgets. He and his homemade Jacob's ladder machine appeared on Dick Wilson's invention exchange segment during Channel 41's All Night Live program in 1984.

Chris was preceded in death by his biological father, Don Edwards (2009) and brothers Stuart Andrew Edwards (1959) and Michael David Jones (1994).

He is survived by his wife Sharon Grandgenett Edwards, Overland Park, Ks, parents, Fowler and Judith Jones, Fairway, Ks, brother Fowler C. Jones III and wife Jill, Prairie Village, KS, nephew Skyler Jones, niece Leah Jones, Aunt Dixie Bader Banks and cousin Anne Friscia.

Chris was cremated. No public services are planned. Cats Bob and Tiny pledged to keep his side of the bed warm in lasting tribute.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

This is a great post Barb, really nice to know these things about Chris. Wish I had the money for one of the knives but I'm on a fixed income and a 9 year old boy to raise by myself and unfortunately my knife blow money is pretty much non-existent. I really miss Jerry!
2024 candidate for president
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Hi Sammy, Thank you, I am glad you liked his obituary. It shows sides of Chris that I did not know about. I really miss Jerry, too! I used to see him every 3 months or so, and we would dine at Outback Steak house, and at his place, we'd show off our knives. He called it, "Show & Tell"!! He was such a great guy... :(
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Barb, looks like you did another fine job on the knives/. Good job and much respect.
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Aawww, you are so sweet!!! :shock: :oops: But, be careful! You don't want me to get a SWELLED HEAD!!! :lol: :lol: :P
TazmanTom

Post by TazmanTom »

You deserve it...