Tough Guy Story

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Viking45

Tough Guy Story

Post by Viking45 »

In no way am I implying this is the way or the right thing to do but this is how it all went down.

I have been in the tree business most of my life.
Around 1994 we (my tree crew) took down three large dead trees that required lots of skill and planning and it went perfect.
We were proud and wanted to celebrate so we all piled in a 1979 Chevy 4WD truck with huge tires.

My buddy Rich was driving and he let us out at the door of a local pub while he parked about half a block away.
Brian was a younger guy and we got out at the pub's door so we waited outside for Richard and Fred to catch up with us.
In just a few seconds we were surrounded by three thugs and they all pulled knives on us,wanting our wallets.
The leader was a heavy-set cat with a 9" blade Bowie and the other two had some kind of folders,Buck type knives.
I immediately advanced the instigator with his large fixed blade knife. (all I had was a little Schrade LB5 with about a 2 3/4 inch blade but I didn't pull it out right away)
Knowing about knives I could see this guy's knife was one of those cheap Pakistan knives with the weird shaped blade.

I squared up on him and postured with my little knife versus his big Bowie-style knife.
He was rethinking his decision about then and at that very moment Richard (driver of the truck) and Fred came around the corner in the truck because they couldn't find a parking space.
The main bad guy came at me,I grabbed his wrist,took his knife away and hit him with a straight right which dropped him stone cold right there,his body on the sidewalk, head was lying over the edge of the curb....Richard pulled up pretty fast after seeing what was going on and I had to quickly drag this dude away from the curb.
There was something blocking Rich's view,seems like there was a big wine barrel cut in half full of flowers and I had this horrible image of this guy's head getting squashed.
The other two advanced even during this mess and I dropped one with another hard right and the third guyran off.

The owner of the pub said everyone sitting at bar had watched this whole thing transpire on their security video.
They all cheered and came out and took us in and bought us beers. Seems these guys had terrorized the bar patrons for an hour before we arrived.
In fact when I went in the bathroom there was some chick cleaning up blood from where one of our would-be muggers had punched some guy in the nose earlier.

I was 20 years younger and I didn't think,I just reacted.
Choose your maneuvers carefully and have a Plan B,it was not really a good idea to grab some idiot's arm holding a knife.
I was young and strong back then but my actions could have got me or my buddies stabbed or killed.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Re: Tough Guy Story

Post by natcherly »

Good work! It is always amazing to me that people are intimidated by the most blatantly BS intimidators. Most are pure cowards fuel by booze and the timidity of bystanders. One will notice the reduction of violent crimes in those states provide for widespread CCW's.
redeye

Post by redeye »

I love a good ass whipping story.
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

Viking45 in action.

Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

:lol: I'm no Steven Seagal but I was in pretty good shape back then.

The four of us had knocked off a 12 pack (3 beers apiece) before we got there but I could see these guys were complete screw-ups and really wasn't too sure they had made the right choice.
I could see he (the main guy) was nervous and didn't know how to handle a knife,he kept trying to hide it when he asked us to give him our money.
Well it's kind of hard to hide a knife that big and in summer with only a t-shirt to conceal it.
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Viking,

I like a good ass whoopin story. My preferred self defense weapon when at sleazy drinking establishments is a 22 ounce poolstick. they still work good even when broken.

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Bonzo wrote:Mr. Viking,

I like a good ass whoopin story. My preferred self defense weapon when at sleazy drinking establishments is a 22 ounce poolstick. they still work good even when broken.

Best regards,

Bonz
:lol: Yeah we didn't even make it to the door. These guys approached the two of us about 40/50 foot from the door. It wasn't even completely dark yet.
My buddy Brian was a small guy about 5'9" 150 lbs and I am 6'2" 225 but Brian is muscular just not a scrapper so he just stood there.
The other two guys weren't there yet but Richard is a little guy about 5'6" 130 soak and wet but he is a hell of a scrapper for his size and Fred is about 5'10 and solid as a rock.
Even though it was just the two of us it still surprised me these guys would try to rob a couple of guys like us. We both had on our steel toe boots so I mean we looked like working men but certainly didn't look like we had a lot of money on us. Thing is everyone one of us had 4/500 bucks in our pocket.

I talked to Brian the other day(after I posted this) and he said I hit the first guy twice- He said I hit him once,grabbed the knife,threw it away and dropped him with a second.
I recall grabbing his wrist and placing my hand on the back of the blade but not wrapping my fingers around the edge.