So Mr. J-Man, ya wanna grow some dope in CA?

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

This will never happen but, instead of comparing freedoms we should "add" them and demand the total from both governments.
The right to smoke what you want [even tabacco], the right to keep and bear arms, [true] freedom of the press, no neo-nazi super police, etc, etc, etc.
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

exactly, i'm in full agreeance - but pigs may fly too :roll:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

They didn't believe in Eli Whitneys cotton gin but now everyone drinks it.
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. PushButton,

This is from this mornings paper. 34,000 plants, at an average street price of $2,000 each, that is if there is good buds. Were talking mega millions. They usually take the dope to the landfill and burn it.

MANHUNT: Shasta County sheriff's deputies on Wednesday conduct a search on Richards Lane, east of Shingletown, for suspects that fled a marijuana garden near Manton on Tuesday.

September 18, 2003 — 2:12 a.m.
MANTON — Three Redding police officers fired at least 20 rounds when they shot and killed two men during a marijuana raid here, Shasta County sheriff's Capt. William Cox said Wednesday.

Officers Eric Wallace, Jeff Wallace and David Schultz were placed on paid administrative leave, a standard procedure in police-involved shootings, Redding police Capt. Gary Dirks said.

"At this point, we believe the officers are not at fault and did not do anything wrong," said Dirks, adding that the investigation is ongoing.

Law enforcement officers continued to look Wednesday for at least three suspects who were seen running from the garden. Judging by footprints and materials at the campsite, there could be as many as 10 suspects on the loose, Shasta County sheriff's Lt. Denis Carroll said.

More than 34,000 plants had been seized Wednesday evening, making the raid the largest in Shasta County history, according to Undersheriff Larry Schaller.

The gunfight that resulted in the deaths of the still unidentified men occurred about 7 a.m. Tuesday when 22 officers from various law enforcement departments split into teams and surrounded the garden, hidden on a heavily wooded hillside between Shingletown and Manton.

At 8:24 a.m., one team, comprised of three Redding Special Emergency Response Team members, discovered a trail leading into the garden.

Two camouflaged men darted out from the brush about 35 feet ahead, Cox said. One man had an assault rifle slung over his right shoulder and a handgun on his hip, he said.

The two men were told in English and Spanish "Police, do not move," Cox said.

Both suspects turned toward the officers, he said. The armed man hoisted his assault rifle onto his shoulder and pointed the muzzle at the drug agents, Cox said.

He didn't get a chance to fire.

The three officers fired at least 20 bullets, Cox said. Both suspects fell to the ground, where one died. When the other man reached for the dropped weapons, officers shot him again. He died while being transported to the command post for treatment, Cox said.

The Shasta County Sheriff's Department is heading the investigation of the three officers. The case, like all officer shootings, will be sent to the Shasta County district attorney's office for review.

Drug agents continued to look Wednesday for more suspects. They are described as Hispanic men wearing camouflage clothing, and are considered armed and dangerous.

The men are likely in a heavily wooded area between Manton and Shingletown, Cox said. The two-square-mile patch of forest remained surrounded by law enforcement Wednesday.

"We're right at the height of the season. That's why these plants are so valuable," Schaller said. "The potential for violence is huge."

Some of the plants had already begun to bud, Schaller said, and there was cropped marijuana lying out to dry.

The Redding police officers will likely return to work Monday, Dirks said. Before returning, they will be required to meet with a law enforcement counselor, also a standard procedure.

Best Regard's,

Bonz

The Redding Cops are a little on the trigger happy side. They also killed a guy on his bicycle tuesday when he acted like he was going for a gun. Well, whats one less wanted parolee to the world.
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

The last town I lived in had one shooting in the 20 years I was there. One of the cops killed a rattlesnake!!! [The only one ever seen in the towns history as far as anyone knows]. This far north they are seldom found much above sea-level -200' elevation but this was at 820'. The cops didn't take the call seriously and answered it to "humor" the person who called it in. They were a little surprised [understatement] when one of them attemted to push it with his boot, and it began to "buzz" and then struck at him.
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Neither side wants drugs to be legalized. Whether you're a drug cop or a drug trafficer, your "industry" is threatened by legalization. :?
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

When it comes to drugs legalize EVERYTHING!
Those who can do them and remain productive will do so. Those who are [probably] already a "drain on society" will probably remove themselves from the gene pool.
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Vagrant wrote:When it comes to drugs legalize EVERYTHING!
Those who can do them and remain productive will do so. Those who are [probably] already a "drain on society" will probably remove themselves from the gene pool.
J-man, are you going to let Vagrant get away talking about you like that? :wink:
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I think J-mn would be fine.
missaman

Post by missaman »

Bonzo wrote:Mr. PushButton,

This is from this mornings paper. 34,000 plants, at an average street price of $2,000 each, that is if there is good buds. Were talking mega millions. They usually take the dope to the landfill and burn it.

MANHUNT: Shasta County sheriff's deputies on Wednesday conduct a search on Richards Lane, east of Shingletown, for suspects that fled a marijuana garden near Manton on Tuesday.

Okay everybody lets stand "down wind"

September 18, 2003 — 2:12 a.m.
MANTON — Three Redding police officers fired at least 20 rounds when they shot and killed two men during a marijuana raid here, Shasta County sheriff's Capt. William Cox said Wednesday.

Officers Eric Wallace, Jeff Wallace and David Schultz were placed on paid administrative leave, a standard procedure in police-involved shootings, Redding police Capt. Gary Dirks said.

"At this point, we believe the officers are not at fault and did not do anything wrong," said Dirks, adding that the investigation is ongoing.

Law enforcement officers continued to look Wednesday for at least three suspects who were seen running from the garden. Judging by footprints and materials at the campsite, there could be as many as 10 suspects on the loose, Shasta County sheriff's Lt. Denis Carroll said.

More than 34,000 plants had been seized Wednesday evening, making the raid the largest in Shasta County history, according to Undersheriff Larry Schaller.

The gunfight that resulted in the deaths of the still unidentified men occurred about 7 a.m. Tuesday when 22 officers from various law enforcement departments split into teams and surrounded the garden, hidden on a heavily wooded hillside between Shingletown and Manton.

At 8:24 a.m., one team, comprised of three Redding Special Emergency Response Team members, discovered a trail leading into the garden.

Two camouflaged men darted out from the brush about 35 feet ahead, Cox said. One man had an assault rifle slung over his right shoulder and a handgun on his hip, he said.

The two men were told in English and Spanish "Police, do not move," Cox said.

Both suspects turned toward the officers, he said. The armed man hoisted his assault rifle onto his shoulder and pointed the muzzle at the drug agents, Cox said.

He didn't get a chance to fire.

The three officers fired at least 20 bullets, Cox said. Both suspects fell to the ground, where one died. When the other man reached for the dropped weapons, officers shot him again. He died while being transported to the command post for treatment, Cox said.

The Shasta County Sheriff's Department is heading the investigation of the three officers. The case, like all officer shootings, will be sent to the Shasta County district attorney's office for review.

Drug agents continued to look Wednesday for more suspects. They are described as Hispanic men wearing camouflage clothing, and are considered armed and dangerous.

The men are likely in a heavily wooded area between Manton and Shingletown, Cox said. The two-square-mile patch of forest remained surrounded by law enforcement Wednesday.

"We're right at the height of the season. That's why these plants are so valuable," Schaller said. "The potential for violence is huge."

Some of the plants had already begun to bud, Schaller said, and there was cropped marijuana lying out to dry.

The Redding police officers will likely return to work Monday, Dirks said. Before returning, they will be required to meet with a law enforcement counselor, also a standard procedure.

Best Regard's,

Bonz

The Redding Cops are a little on the trigger happy side. They also killed a guy on his bicycle tuesday when he acted like he was going for a gun. Well, whats one less wanted parolee to the world.