Ruger Old model Blackhawk .3 carbine

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!

GUNS GONE WILD....

Post by 666 »

Well, my toys became very jealous and insisted on being stars as well. :?

Top picture: Ruger SP101 in .357 mag.
Taurus 450 Titanium in .45 Colt
S&W 649 (body guard) in .357

Middle pic: Uberti SAA in .45 Colt
American Derringer M1 in .45Colt/.410

Bottom pic: Colt Officers in .45
Glock 27 in .40 cal.
Walthers PPK/S in .380
"Do What Thou Wilt Shall Be The Whole Of The Law"
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Ruger, Smith, Smith, Uberti, American Derringer, 1911 [type], Glock, Walther [how did I do?]
Posted before I read your list, not bad [blew it on the Taurus]. Far too many Colt 1911 varieties to come any closer. Uberti and Derringer just like mine.

Post by 666 »

Not bad at all....The derringer is my back-up for the Taurus, since they use the same ammo. The Taurus 450 is a great carry gun. I think the cartridges weigh about as much as the hand gun. The 450 is all Titanium with a ported barrel. I use Cor-Bons .45+P ammo in it. I like both sides of the street. I am all for a fast bullet, and I am all for a heavy bullet. This combines both world's. :lol:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

For warm weather I like light and fast, for heavy winter clothing heavy is my choice. With the .45 Colt Winchester Silvertips or Federals Lead semi-wadcutter hollow point are fine and follow up shots are quicker than with hotter stuff. "Where you hit is far more important than what you hit them with". As for they "spray and pray" technique you can't miss fast enough to do ANY good, so I shoot them all like I had a single shot with backup rounds. [I figure you're the same or you wouldn't have a mix of autos and revolvers]. I like the old saying "Speed is fine but accuracy is FINAL".

Post by 666 »

:shock: At one time my mix of hanguns were a lot bigger. A wide variety of handguns and ammo for every occasion, lol. I am a certified law enforcement firearm instructor, and also part owner of a large firearm training school. We teach civilians, security guards and leo's. We have also attracted a few body guards from other countries as our students.
Stone Knife

Post by Stone Knife »

You can never miss fast enough, we say around here.

"A Quick Miss Is to No Avail"

I've won more PPSC matches by going slower than the competiton...
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Wyatt Earp said "take your time in a hurry".