to Plastered, Blackjack, Spotlight, & Wray fans

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Stone Knife

Post by Stone Knife »

They must have put that song on four albums. You knew something was going south when you started seeing 'new' albums with previously released tunes on it. :-(

Here's one for ya:
John D. Laudermilk- Road Hog...
:idea:
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. Pushbutton-

Instrumentals are quite popular with us mentals. How about- 'Beck's Bolero', Dwayne Eddy's 'Rebel Rouser', Hendrix's 'Pali Gap', Yes' ' Mood For A Day', and of course, from the Amazing Blue Oyster Cult- "Buck's Boogie'.

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse

P.S. Jessica is the one. Imagine Dwayne's whole suprise about the peach truck thing, 'eh?
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Beck's Bolero..... I'd almost forgotten about that... good choice.... still have the single

Best wishes
Teddy
Dr. Yermazaho

Post by Dr. Yermazaho »

I wondered what happened to Link after the Mod Squad, I heard he died in Vietnam.
Last edited by Dr. Yermazaho on Sat Aug 23, 2003 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Wally
I can't believe I forgot Rebel Rouser that was around when Rumble was. Good memory for a mental. Dr Y.I believe you are thinking of Link Sausager.I know he didn't come back from Nam. Come to think of it he never returned from any forays into the middle east either. Not to swift if you ask me although Jimmy Dean might know.
PB
Stone Knife

Post by Stone Knife »

Linc (Clarence Williams III) recently appeared in a couple of the 2003 episodes of a TV show called "Dosed" and was in the movie "Mindstorm" in 2001. Not bad for a corpse!

"Solid!"

Jeff Beck-wise Because We Ended As Lovers has to be included in his Best Instrumentals list.
Plastered Bastard

Post by Plastered Bastard »

Damn, I must visit this forum more often...

TR,
Thanks for that update on Link Wray. I'd done a search on him myself after we discussed him on the other forum but all the info was at least 2 or 3 years old, so it's good to hear the man is still alive and jamming!

Man, I'd forgotten a lot of the songs everyone's mentioned here...I've gotta go CD shopping.

Pushbutton,
I've got Dick Dale's "Tribal Thunder" CD...it's *very* good...a little different than his early stuff but once I got used to it I loved it. And btw, I'm almost sure the Allman Bros song you were wondering about is "In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed"...like Jim D. mentioned. One of my favorites.

Nobody mentioned "Sleepwalk" by Santo & Johnny. Not a rocker but I always loved the melody with that sweet pedal steel guitar.
A Smith & Wesson Beats Four Aces ~ American Proverb

Plastered B.