Power Failure

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Patrick D.

Power Failure

Post by Patrick D. »

I am in Toronto and we are just starting to get the power back on. I work security so I had a nice long day yesterday. It was freaking going out into the street and actually seeing stars in the city for the first time. :shock:

Patrick
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Hello PatrickD,
I take it that you are new here and I welcome you and I hope everyone gets their power back soon.
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
Patrick D.

Welcome

Post by Patrick D. »

Thanks for the welcome. I am new here and I am a burgeoning stiletto junkie. I am brand new to collecting but once I start collecting something I become absessed. Classic Italian Stilettos are my drug of choice now. Look forward to chatting with all.

Patrick D.
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Greetings Mr. Patrick,

Any knife lover is most welcome here but lovers of Italian stilettos even more so.. :wink:

Best wishes
Teddy
Greyblade

Re: Welcome

Post by Greyblade »

Patrick D. wrote:Thanks for the welcome. I am new here and I am a burgeoning stiletto junkie. I am brand new to collecting but once I start collecting something I become absessed. Classic Italian Stilettos are my drug of choice now. Look forward to chatting with all.

Patrick D.
Pat,

Welcome to yet another freakin' Canuckian. :cry: To help you with your situation of becoming "absessed", a broad spectrum antibiotic applied topically or taken internally should help. :twisted:

Greyblade
Last edited by Greyblade on Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Power just came back on a few minutes ago. I really do hope people don't use too much, I don't want it to take another 18 hours for the power to start coming back on.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

welcome to the Canadian [and token American] silliness.

"Welcome to yet another freakin' Canuckian. To help you with your situation of becoming "absessed", a broad spectrum antibiotic applied topically or taken internally should help."

The word we want is obsessed. Next J-man will be correcting spelling, in which case we are all stoned and he is straight. [I don't know which is scares me more].
HTMLBali

Post by HTMLBali »

Yeah it was kind of wierd.
It was like i was in Silent Hill lol, i looked down to one of the intersections and it was pitch black :shock:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

It avoided me.
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

welcome aboard patrickD!

we have our own power out west......

glad to see yet another fellow canuck here!
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Patrick Welcome to the Funhouse. You will find a great many people with knowledge of our toys here and then Of course you will find Canadians. "Sigh" But since are friends up in the great white north like switches we have accepted them into the fold. The votes still out on Mr Bigg though. Anyway check out old threads and any questions you have fireaway. Oh yeah you should go up to the top of the page and read the Posting Suggestions although some aren't suggestions but more like mandates that could get your ass banned. Enjoy
PB
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

A guy I work with is just plain annoying with how exacting he is. His explanation is "The power did not fail, it's delivery did".
And I have to put up with him every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stone Knife

Velkommen

Post by Stone Knife »

PatrickD welcome from me here in the loony NWUS, just below B.C.!

yessss. it all starts with one little 11" stilletto auto then before you know what happened, you're eating Ramen and plotting your next $1,500 'bargain'. My precioussss.

They should just give the first one away to you because there's no going back.

Glad y'all aren't in the dark anymore. Makes it darn hard to click 'submit order' without the juice.
Patrick D.

Absessed!

Post by Patrick D. »

Actually from all the running around I did on the night of the blackout I did feel a little "abscess" on my big toe...but that's another story :twisted:

As to my obsession, I have a stiletto on the way to me, can't wait to get my grubby mitts on it. Thanks for the big welcome guys.
missaman

Post by missaman »

patrick be careful or mr p.b. will sit on your head for a week or two :lol: