Mr. Vagrant has a camera

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Vagrant wrote:"I had a great arm rig for a toy derringer as a kid."

In the U.S. such devices on a real Derringer are frowned on by the ATF.
The ATF doesn't like silencers, switchblades, ballistic knives and many other things either but they aren't illegal in all 50 states (well Ballistic knives are I think).
missaman

Post by missaman »

j-man,
the atf doesn't like swithblades??
they don't like mr wheeler either, a political prisoner in my opinion here in the north east. being held with no bail for misdemeanor charges. had too much ammo and gun powder in his house to suit them, all guns were legal.maybe i should protest by buying a sks and 5,000 rounds. they don't like his personal philosophy, hes a fan of the turner diaries.
missaman
sammy da blade

Post by sammy da blade »

a friend ofmine runs a small gun shop, he said when batf comes in tey don't even look at his knives! he has a number of autos.
thuggin -N- buggin, that's how i roll!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I drink alcohol, I smoke tabacco, I shoot firearms. Is that really so DEEP that the government needs a department to figure it out??????
Stone Knife

I completely forgot about this!

Post by Stone Knife »

I had the belt-buckle one that would spring a toy derringer out on a hinge and it would fire when it reached a 90-degree angle to your belt.

You'd deploy it by pushing out your stomach, which, as a kid, took some conscious effort. Now the reverse is true... :cry:

What a hoot to remember that little thing. Sure wish I still had it!
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Stone
I had one to. They were made by Mattell and shot shooting shells. I had the six guns and the revolver rifle and the single shot Indian Scout rifle. Later I got the police snub nosed 38 with the shoulder holster. You see them on E-Bay all the time. I go and look and it really brings back memories.
PB
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Pushbutton wrote:Stone
I had one to. They were made by Mattell and shot shooting shells. I had the six guns and the revolver rifle and the single shot Indian Scout rifle. Later I got the police snub nosed 38 with the shoulder holster. You see them on E-Bay all the time. I go and look and it really brings back memories.
PB
I believe at one point these were considered "firearms" in "Taxachusettes". Under the Bartley/Fox law.
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Al nothing would surprize me about my great state but I don't remember that particular piece of madness for when the Fox bill was passed I was to busy selling off 5 sawed off shotguns because suddenly they were put in the same catagory as machine guns. And being young and constantly in some kind of trouble never serious but my face was familiar with station 3 and station 11. I decided I had no use for 5 sawed offs. I actually had 6 so it wasn't like I was helpless getting rid of 5. 8)
PB
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

No idea if it was true but around BF [give or take] a cop told me that ANYTHING that shot a projetile and was held with one hand was legally a pistol. To back it up he challenged me at the time [mid-late 60s] to find one of the toy pistol that shot suction cup darts. After checking several toy stores I gave up. The same held true for guns that shot corks. All this may have changed in the past 35-40 years, [damn the time went fast].