something for you gun nuts

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!

Post by 666 »

:shock: What's the matter...you didn't like my answer on the Volunteer? Ya just had to go to TSF...That's cool. The nerve of some people. :? Ya think you know somebody..then this. tsk tsk tsk.
"Do What Thou Wilt Shall Be The Whole Of The Law"
missaman

Post by missaman »

mr. 666
they let you lurk over there too :shock: your answer was fine but i'm trying to get a manu. date. in the end i'll probably take to one of those gun trade in programs and get a new pair of air jordons [sp?] of fifty bucks :lol:
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Well I'l be damned, it would be great if you could get that thing back together and firing. You were only kidding about the gun trade in program...right :?:
Take Care missaman
blackjack
Take Care
blackjack
'...I'm warning you...if you say Jehovah once more...'
'Women are experts at finding a man's faults and then constantly reminding him of them'

Post by 666 »

:? Missaman...For more info on the Volunteer shotgun you can look in the library for "Standard Catalog of Firearms", "Price Guide for Antique and Modern Firearms", and all the other books on that shelf. An internet search may turn up something on Belknap Hardware. B. Goforth is working on a book about Iver Johnson Arms, but I don't think it will be published for a few years. There may be some information in "Shotgun Markings" by Joe Vorisek. .. 8)
"Do What Thou Wilt Shall Be The Whole Of The Law"
missaman

Post by missaman »

mr. blackjack,
just kidding i need another winter project. finding parts is the problem there are about 25 different model 94's made i havent found the right exploded view drawing yet . i will turn up
thanks mr.666 i'll take a trip to the library
HTMLBali

Post by HTMLBali »

Guess im the gun nut here who know his firearms....so here i go.
It seems to be like one of the guns i own actually. Its a single shot break actions 12 gauge shotgun. although the firing mecanism would already be together and you would slide the barrel in then put the forestock on and screw in the sling pin and it would be ready to load and fire.
ITs not blackpowder because there is no nipple for a cap.
I think you may have all the parts you just need to attach the firing assembly and either make or buy the forestock.
Ill post some pictures of the same gun from Rossi.....you may be able to get more barrels for different gauges or calibers if you can find the stock and parts ^_^.
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

Vagrant wrote:
mrbigg wrote:the more i think about it, the more i'd worry about that gun's past - maybe it was hidden in the wall for a reason - maybe you could help solve an old crime!
On a shotgun that old, I wouldn't worry. Someone probably hid it "just in case" they ever needed it.
is that so....any chance you were living in that area at the time mr. vagrant? :? can you give us your whereabouts between 1907 and 1986? :shock:
HTMLBali

Post by HTMLBali »

The same gun from rossi.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

mrbigg wrote:
Vagrant wrote:
mrbigg wrote:the more i think about it, the more i'd worry about that gun's past - maybe it was hidden in the wall for a reason - maybe you could help solve an old crime!
On a shotgun that old, I wouldn't worry. Someone probably hid it "just in case" they ever needed it.
is that so....any chance you were living in that area at the time mr. vagrant? :? can you give us your whereabouts between 1907 and 1986? :shock:
Address such questions to my Lawyer, [but I would use other weaponry].
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

:D :lol: :D

sounds like the words of an innocent man
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

HTMLBali wrote: ITs not blackpowder because there is no nipple for a cap.
Many shotguns were made AFTER the self-contained cartridge was developed ....that were only proofed for black powder ... I know someone who regularly uses modern nitro loads in an old damascus barrelled 12 bore (gauge) (side-by-side external hammers) but he is an idiot!

Best wishes
Teddy
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

I'd "proof" it myself with some high brass magnum duck loads. Put some sandbags under and over it and tie 50ft of fishing line to the trigger. Get back, yank and see what happens. :shock: You may not need "exploded view" diagrams - you can just inspect the pieces that rain down around you. :wink:

The Falcon :roll:
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

:D :D :D

Best wishes
Teddy
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

mrbigg wrote::D :lol: :D

sounds like the words of an innocent man
And where were YOU in the same time period?
[Like I can remember where I was in the 60s. If I could I wouldn't have enjoyed them so much].
catavenger

shotgun

Post by catavenger »

Looks alot like the H&R Topper probably not much collector value