Has this happened to anyone else

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Greyblade

Post by Greyblade »

blackjack,

You can keep your low-brow NASCAR and be happy with it. I will have nothing to do with it. As I wrote earlier and Vagrant seconded, NASCAR stages "events", not races. It has also been my experience and that of many of my friends that the so-called fans are not the kind of people that I want to be around, much less pay money to rub shoulders with. You like it? Great. As I wrote, keep it. I think that Cub Scout Pinewood Derby races offer more thrills and technology than the good ole boys do.

No blackout here. I understand that the whole thing started up in Canuckia. :P

Greyblade
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Greyblade; NASCAR races are not events, they run a series of scheduled races beginning with the Daytona 500 in February, 'event', makes them sound like one offs which they arent, if they were then the points race would be meaningless, why even have it. But as we both know all teams and drivers fight hard for points. Also NASCAR prides itself on being more and more family friendly all the time, I havent been to a race but I know the officials are trying to tone down the rowdy behaviour. The last thing is, I find every level of competitive racing exciting, when you watch teams compete and one team wins, you often think back how obvious it was that this team was going to win.

blackjack

Post Script; We heard the b.o. might have started south of the border :P
Take Care
blackjack
'...I'm warning you...if you say Jehovah once more...'
'Women are experts at finding a man's faults and then constantly reminding him of them'
Greyblade

Post by Greyblade »

blackjack,

NASCAR. Your world and welcome to it. I've had enough of this.

Greyblade
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

The MORE rules the LESS race.
I want to see a "unfair advantage" that's called PROGRESS.
Yes it's fun, yes it's fast, but when all the cars are as "alike as possible" that ain't a race, that ain't progress, it's a demonstration or an event. I want to see one man, or team, or car, win by an hour and a half that's what racing should be.
Greyblade

Post by Greyblade »

Vagrant wrote:The MORE rules the LESS race.
I want to see a "unfair advantage" that's called PROGRESS.
Yes it's fun, yes it's fast, but when all the cars are as "alike as possible" that ain't a race, that ain't progress, it's a demonstration or an event. I want to see one man, or team, or car, win by an hour and a half that's what racing should be.
Al,

Roger (Penske) that!!!!! :wink:

Greyblade
missaman

Post by missaman »

now street racing is more my gig.That is how i met the ex's father before i met her. nothing sounds like a hemi or a full race flathead with a scot blower is one of my favorites. Check out the movie cry baby thats my merc. used in the last scene playing chicken. damn it lost, and went thru a barn. now for my claim to fame....
I had tracy lords in the back of my car.
I've held ricky lake in my arms
As i had passes to the filming because they were using my car, ricky was walking toward me and tripped, i caught her.
That was when she was thin :roll:
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Thats interesting, how did that come about :?: Thats a John Waters film, did you meet him :?: Ever see 'Pink Flamingos' :?:

blackjack
Take Care
blackjack
'...I'm warning you...if you say Jehovah once more...'
'Women are experts at finding a man's faults and then constantly reminding him of them'
missaman

Post by missaman »

i saw john flameing waters from a distance only. the movie co. ran add in the local paper. Looking for vintage cars to use in the movie. at the time the car was black primer. shaved and low rider. the movie co. paid to have it ."restored" for their uses. i still have the movie contracts and a few photos i can post. i'm sorry i did not have tracy lords in my arms. i sold the car to a good friend of mine before the movie came out.
missaman.
p.s. the ex's father drove a 1970 dodge coronet low rider. still kicked his 318 ass :lol: that torsion bar suspension sux.
missaman

Post by missaman »

p.s i tried to buy the 50 ford used in the movie, but john had already made a deal, with another collector
missaman
Greyblade

Post by Greyblade »

missaman wrote:I've held ricky lake in my arms
As i had passes to the filming because they were using my car, ricky was walking toward me and tripped, i caught her.
That was when she was thin :roll:
missaman,

I'm glad you explained that you had your arms around Ricky Lake when she was thin (BTW, that must have been a long time ago!). If you had been taking about today's Ricky, I would have throught that you had arms like a Mountain Gorilla and badly skinned up knuckles. :wink:

Greyblade
missaman

Post by missaman »

mr Greyblade,
Without finding the contracts i"d guess 1985??
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Not to get off track here guys but I almost cried like a baby when Stallones 49 Merc got destroyed in Cobra. I kept telling myself it was fake stop action nobody in their right mind would destroy a real one no matter what the money.
PB