The Equal Opportunity Commission is going to sceam now!

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
The Tourist

The Equal Opportunity Commission is going to sceam now!

Post by The Tourist »

Like most of you, I get tons of spam. So much so that the painted-on letters are wearing off my "delete" key. Some of the stuff is fun, some of it is just bizarre. True story:

I check my e-mail today and I got a corporate letter from Moco. ("The Motor Company." It's how the HD corp refers to itself.) The letter was entitled--and I'm not kidding--"Chico, what makes you a Harlista?"

I began to read the thing, and it's a request for all Latino bikers to get more involved with the Harley homepage and share their experiences. At first I was confused, but clearly the request came to me because my biker name is "Chico." Some Moco search engine is looking for Hispanic names. Oy, this is going to cause problems.

And of course, some biker named "Fang" from a real-deal Hispanic bike club didn't get any invite, and now feels slighted.

In a related story, I met a rider in the shop breakroom with a can of "Pig Snot" in his vest pocket. I told the guy that I switched over to Windex. With a blank expression, he stated flatly that he carries it for defensive purposes. Now, I've heard everything--or so I thought--but he pulled out the can and pointed to the instructions.

"Wax on, wax off."

As you might imagine I had about ten minutes of the most bizarre exchange I've had in quite a long time...