For Those Who Don't Like My Bold Colored Text

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
barshoo

For Those Who Don't Like My Bold Colored Text

Post by barshoo »

It has come to my attention that there are some of you who are discussing my use of bold, colored text in my posts. I was told that it was offensive, that I was trying to only draw attention to myself, and that the colors are garish. When I heard this, I went through every post that I could find and removed the bold and color from my text. I am here today to tell you that this marks my 500th post in 9 years on this forum. If I were attempting to draw attention to myself, don't you think that I would have been here a lot more often and posted more??? I got tired of the tedious work of removing the colored text when I discovered that I could not find it all, and decided to address this. This is really not a big deal, but I am dealing with very small minded people. And I don't care to hang out with you and be judged simply by the way I type. I like the number 500, so I am going to let it stand for you fools to see. I have had enough controversy here.
I will push your buttons--please pass me your switchblades first.
Chrisadamley

Re: For Those Who Don't Like My Bold Colored Text

Post by Chrisadamley »

Wow you have been around here a lot longer then me...and know these guys alot better....and what makes you leave the forum is some people telling you they didn't like your bold and colored text???

I think you woke up on the wrong side of the bed today if thats what got you crazy! :shock:
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

I don't understand why some people care about the text. Teddy used to say that when someone wrote in all caps they were shouting. Some years ago there was a guy who used the color green, and somebody had a problem with that. Personally, I find big red letters easier to read.

I'm sorry to hear you're mad at us. I guess this is my last chance to say you've got the coolest knife collection I've ever seen.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

I SAW no problom with the large text, concidering my eyes. i did though with some of the colors cause they didn't show up well with the black screen, for me.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Markco the Mad otter

Post by Markco the Mad otter »

WOW!! HOW TOTALLY NUTZ!
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
redeye

Post by redeye »

DAMNIT YALL DONE PISSED BARB OFF THAT WASNT NICE!!!
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

i only get that touchy, when they change my meds :wink:
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

I am not mad at you guys. Leaving my posts at the number 500 was my way of driving home a point that I am not an attention-seeker. What happened here is that a person contacted a good friend of mine and asked him to tell me the complaints as I described them above. Instead of PM-ing me, that is how this anonymous person chose to handle the matter. In my mind, that was not the right way to address me with a complaint. This is post number 501, and after receiving plenty of support and requests to stay, this is where I will start over again.
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

barshoo wrote:I am not mad at you guys. Leaving my posts at the number 500 was my way of driving home a point that I am not an attention-seeker. What happened here is that a person contacted a good friend of mine and asked him to tell me the complaints as I described them above. Instead of PM-ing me, that is how this anonymous person chose to handle the matter. In my mind, that was not the right way to address me with a complaint. This is post number 501, and after receiving plenty of support and requests to stay, this is where I will start over again.

Woohoo! Glad to see you stay barb!....Also keep this in mind, if someone doesn't like the way you post...do they have to read your posts?...NOPE :wink:
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Thank you for that comment, Chrisadamley! And many thanks to ALL of you guys for either your show of support, or to those of you who poked fun and kept it on the light side...I enjoyed your humor!! Barb
john

Post by john »

Hello Barb,
Don't let anyone stop you from doing anything. It's your 1st Amendment Right to do as you please. I hope to see post 600 real soon.
Your friend,
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Thank you, John!!! You even covered all the "garish" colors that I used!! How thoughtful of you!! I had simply liked to use color, and in order to see the text well, you need to put it in bold. We have some strange Talkblade post-mates who read more into bold color than what it simply is. BUT, no harm, no fowl... :D :D
sammy da blade

Post by sammy da blade »

Keep on posting, I'm color blind so I didn't notice it anyway
Ho Ho
thuggin -N- buggin, that's how i roll!
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Hi Sammy! I recently started posting again. I forgot that this post existed. I hope that you are doing well. You sound cheerful. I look forward to seeing more of you and everyone. Take care! Barb
Straydog 5247

Post by Straydog 5247 »

Hi Barb ,
Glad you decided to stay , I always enjoyed hearing whatcha got to say regardless of what color or size the text is !
I suppose they'll always be somebody who'll complain......but not friends
Rondog