The spotlight kids knives!

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
the spotlight kid

The spotlight kids knives!

Post by the spotlight kid »

Hi Guys,I have just started posting photo's of some of my knife collection at http://public.fotki.com/spotlightkid/knives so if any of you are bored check them out.I'll be adding more every now and then.Any questions,I will try to answer. :wink: Cheers the spotlight kid. 8)
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Very, very nice.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Spotlight Kid,

Great pictures, thanks for posting! Tell us about the web service that you use (fotki?); what it offers, price etc.

By the way, I'll bet that machete from India opens with quite a kick :lol: :lol:

Jim
the spotlight kid

Hi Jim,I thought I'd try fotki as Switch67 recomended them.You can post as many pics as you want for a straight $30 a year!It's so easy to do aswell,which suits me fine!I'll be adding more of my switches over the next couple of days, and some of my locknives I've put together.I love collecting the Spanish knives when I go there on holiday.I want to go to Toledo soon as my friend tells me he went in 47 knifeshops there last time he visited!Every small town has at least 4 or 5 good ones! :wink: Cheers the spotlight kid. 8)
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Spotlight Kid,

Thanks for the info. One thing for certain: I would gladly pay $30 / year to have a collection like that of Switch 67!

Are any of those Spanish knives in your pictures autos?

Jim
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I have a weakness for Spanish knives also. It's almost like the Spanish
like to exagerate a knife to make it look more "knifey".
STAGNUT

Post by STAGNUT »

NICE PICS
I LIKE THAT LEVERLOCK WHO MADE IT IT LOOKS REAL OLD
Stagnut
the spotlight kid

Hi Jim,alas,I'm afraid that none of the Spanish knives are auto.How i wish they were!I agree with Vagrant,for me they are the zenith of folding knife design.They are the COOL of COOL ,especially the ratchet opening Gypsy fighting knives.Once you hear one of those opening in a darkened street,you do not hang around!The last auto that I bought in Spain was mid 80s and I do believe it is Spanish made.I have only seen one other, on one of the forums,and it was described as Spanish made.It is only a cheap knife but still works fine.I think it has a spiral spring not a coiled fitted in the bolster.The lock spring has weakened so I may attempt a refit and check out the workings properly.I will post a pic of it.Stagnut,the leverlock is French made,probably mid 50s as I have had mine quite some time.The only other one I have ever seen is on the great knifemaker,Merlin's site,under the section museum,European knives. http://www.merlinsknives.com Thanks for your comments, :wink: Cheers the spotlight kid. 8)
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I only have one of the ratcheting type but it is a distinctive sound.
the spotlight kid

Hi Guys,for anyone whose interested I've posted some more pics.Cheers the spotlight kid 8)
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Pretty!
switch67

Post by switch67 »

Spotlight Kid, Very nice collection there :wink: I myself not only collect switchblades,and I like your taste. I'm impressed with your german knives.That top dagger is very cool. I see you also have an appreciation for the India "gurka" knives :P Here's a few of mine that I've collected over the years.I hope to one day get myself a large ceremonial like yours..is it true they weigh about 5 pounds?
the spotlight kid

Hi Mr.Switch,Glad you like the knives.The ceremonial Ghurka knife I have weighs about 3lbs (half a pound lighter than my James Black Bowie)though I have seen a larger one before that probabaly would tip 5lbs.I have been collecting knives for forty odd years and my only regret is I have had,broke,lost and sold some real nice swithches over the years.A day trip to France as a kid and I would come back with every pocket bulging with switches of every shape,size and design!Little knowing then what collectable items these would become.Oh well,such is life! :wink: Cheers the spotlight kid. 8)
I miss Vermont

Post by I miss Vermont »

Very nice collection, Mr. S K.
That Falschirnijager gravity knife caught my eye because I have one also, But mine is in not so good shape.
I picked mine up from a fellow who needed a few dollars for a pint or two, he butchered it by cutting off the spike, and triming it along the bottom.
Well, I have spare parts if I ever run across another.
P.S. I believe I heard you also have a switchblade cane collection, if so can you post a few pics.

Enjoy the weekend IMV :D
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Very nice collection S.K. ....I'm stuck for a suitable adjective...a collection I can only dream of....but from little acorns....

Thanks for sharing them