8" Edwin Jay/ Coricama

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JulesVane

8" Edwin Jay/ Coricama

Post by JulesVane »

At the risk of completely boring you all with yet another classic, black horn stiletto, this 8" specimen has a few "unique" build traits. Not that we haven't seen them before, but my first with the double stamp. 8" (20cm), octagon locktab, liners have no cutouts, dovetail spring. Stamped Edwin Jay on front and Coricama on back. Blade has seen some sharpening abuse, and pretty plain horn for either stamp to have. Interestingly, no red dot safety, which would also be common for both stamps to have. I'm not sure how many 8" have been found/seen with the double stamps. Knife won't win any contests, but pretty neat...

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
jim d,

Re: 8" Edwin Jay/ Coricama

Post by jim d, »

Well Chris, I have to disagree about it not winning any contests. EdwinJay / Coricama stamp alone makes it a winner. Plus, an 8 in. model with those stamps, and lack of the usual red dot on knives with those stamps combine to make it a huge winner in my book.

Jim
TMD

Post by TMD »

Its beautifull, The button and safety looks very big and I like its proportions.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I agree it's a good one!
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

Chris, what a stunner, well done my friend, and I owned this auto about 15 years ago, I sold it to someone that was a making set, very glad to see that you now have it, as now she is in good hands.
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

I don't know anything about markings and whatnot but I think it's pretty interesting even though this kind of stiletto isn't really my thing. I also appreciate the larger safety.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Thank you, one and all, for all the kind words and looking at my knife! Eric, it's cool it was once in your collection. I'm intrigued that you said you sold it to someone putting a set together. Did you mean the double stamps in various sizes? I'd sure be interested to know if the double stamps have been found on all the sizes Edwin Jay and Coricama had made for them.. (I think Edwin Jay never had a 13" imported). Very interesting!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

Chris, I do not know about the double stamp thing, he needed the size, like I said , just happy that you now own the knife.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Great knife and Interesting that Eric once had it !
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Both sides of this knife are stamped-meaning it was made for Hoffritz.
This is unlike the "pantograph" Latamas that were engraved on the rear tang.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Mighty fine knife Chris . 8)

You have been really busy buying the time I was away ,thats a cool double stamp and in really nice condition .
You have posted some beauties just lately .

Congrats mate .
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

…Thank you so much for your kind words, Ian! So glad you’re back and involved again!