Small leverlocks

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

Re: Small leverlocks

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

These are true "Gentleman's Automatic Pocket Knives". All are excellent examples of automatic cutler's art.

This is not mine, nor do I have any interest in it. It is for sale on AAPK for $135.00 + shipping.

https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... 1547_1.jpg
Fishtail Picklock
jocko952021

Post by jocko952021 »

JulesVane wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:38 am I really love the little ones, and Bill's tiny ones are cool! Here's a few I have: Bare Head, Little Big Horn and Liliput...

What is a bare head knife? I have one. When I bought it, it was described as "bear head" I asked what it meant but never got a reply. It is a cool little knife and I would like to learn more. I don't see many single bolster Hubertus knives and would to know about those too.

Thanks,

Jeff
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

No bolster.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
frosolone

Post by frosolone »

801ACD14-79B3-4110-B317-AE71A5411E9E.jpeg
801ACD14-79B3-4110-B317-AE71A5411E9E.jpeg (118.05 KiB) Viewed 2271 times
Couple of lil lever locks
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Since this thread has been resurrected, gives me a chance to show my recent acquisition of small W. Germany leverlock. I found it interesting that Hubertus omitted the grooves/lines on the bolsters. I realize it's not rare, by any means, because we've seen this in others from Hubertus. Just, rather an odd thing to omit...(looks funny :| )

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
galvanic1882

Post by galvanic1882 »

hearandgone wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:44 am Here’s one more small lever lock. It’s a 4.5” Bonsa that’s seldom seen. I think there may have been one in Bill’s photo of his drawer but I’m not sure.
Man I like that knife!!! Beautiful
NorthCarolinaDude

Post by NorthCarolinaDude »

sammy the blade wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:03 am Those are really nice! I traded off almost all of my Italian knives except for my Stray Dog customs. Really liked his work and wish he was more active on the forum but that's his choice.
Sammy, not long ago I managed to acquire my first StrayDog from Dave S. A beautiful 13 inch picklock conversion in horn, with some amazing filework! I agree, his work is very special stuff. If I can I will definitely add another example to my collection!

To the topic at hand, here is my attempt at capturing and posting another recent acquisition, and the smallest leverlock I now own, a 6 inch AGA in especially white Brazilian horn...unfortunately, my photography skills don't really capture the grain or contrast of this amazing horn. But what an awesome little knife nonetheless!

Peace.
Himmler88

Post by Himmler88 »

Bill DeShivs wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:01 am Here is a bad picture of some smaller leverlocks. Mostly Hubertus, but a Bonsa and a couple of Olbos models, too.
Is this just a random picture of some of your knives?!? There are so many cool, valuable knives piled up it's like a joke! I would love to have piles of knives of my own. I too would share pictures! Congratulations on your Awesome collection!!! Please share more pics of other piles of knives. I would also love to see the knives you keep not in piles but have reverence for. Because I bet you have some wicked sweet examples!!!
Thanks...
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Sounds like you're hooked.
2024 candidate for president
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

It's not a joke, I assure you.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
thom

Post by thom »

NorthCarolinaDude wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:20 am
sammy the blade wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:03 am Those are really nice! I traded off almost all of my Italian knives except for my Stray Dog customs. Really liked his work and wish he was more active on the forum but that's his choice.
Sammy, not long ago I managed to acquire my first StrayDog from Dave S. A beautiful 13 inch picklock conversion in horn, with some amazing filework! I agree, his work is very special stuff. If I can I will definitely add another example to my collection!

To the topic at hand, here is my attempt at capturing and posting another recent acquisition, and the smallest leverlock I now own, a 6 inch AGA in especially white Brazilian horn...unfortunately, my photography skills don't really capture the grain or contrast of this amazing horn. But what an awesome little knife nonetheless!

Peace.
I really like that one. Is there a model name or year it was made? I'd like to find one.
Thanks,
Thom
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

thom wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:57 pm
I really like that one. Is there a model name or year it was made? I'd like to find one.
Thanks,
Thom
https://www.adamsknifeworks.com/store/p ... ts_id=7251

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
NorthCarolinaDude

Post by NorthCarolinaDude »

Jules beat me to it but the one at Adam's is the same. I found this one on another forum and jumped on it because of the super white horn. It's very unique. These puppies are snappy too and feel good in the hand for being so small.

Peace.
jocko952021

Post by jocko952021 »

I like the little lever locks too. This my Hubertus 8cm and 9cm collection. This is my first picture post. I hope you like what you see as much as I do.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

I certainly like them! What material are the scales on the black cigar pattern?

Jim