Microtech Minis

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
jim d,

Microtech Minis

Post by jim d, »

Here are a pair of Microtech Minis, both are 5.5 in. overall with 2.5 in. blades. As indicated in the photos the black Mini UDT has a 440-C beadblasted blade and was made in 2002. The handle inserts feel like rubber. The Mini UMS has a 154-CM satin blade and was made in 2005. The handle inserts feel like sandpaper. This one has a pocket clip.

I bought both new and obviously have owned them for some years. Both are great carry knives, razor sharp and very well made.

Jim
IMG_0651 (2).JPG
IMG_0651 (2).JPG (198.86 KiB) Viewed 1486 times
galvanic1882

Re: Microtech Minis

Post by galvanic1882 »

Great knives, wish I would have kept the one I bought, thanks for showing them!
big_slim

Post by big_slim »

those are cool little microtechs, I'm liking that blue. Don't see many of these small MT's, especially the older ones like this.
TazmanTom

Post by TazmanTom »

Very nice, sir. The original knife from M/T, first one in '94. I have a few, if selling, your UMS will bring a premium. The inserts are probably skate board tape, the '02 is rubber. M/Ts son has the rights and is making new ones. I have a damascus blade one with added Mastodon inserts.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Thanks for the info Tom. Skateboard tape - yes, it sure feels like that, at least that is how I remember my son's skateboards feeling when he left them in the way and I had to move them :D

Jim
TazmanTom

Post by TazmanTom »

Does the UMS also have a safety ?
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

No safety on mine, Tom.

Jim
whippersnapper