Swing arm fired switchblade

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
jim d,

Swing arm fired switchblade

Post by jim d, »

Attached is a modern iteration of the old Aerial knife. These were made about 10 - 12 years ago. They were brokered by Sharperdeal Bob and made by a small cutlery company in Pa. (I forget the name). They came in a variety of handle materials, I only have the red bone model. The knife is fired by pushing the "Schrade" lever forward. These are nice, well made knives and I wish I had bought more.

Jim
IMG_0639 (2).JPG
IMG_0639 (2).JPG (150.09 KiB) Viewed 1574 times
IMG_0641 (2).JPG
IMG_0641 (2).JPG (136.62 KiB) Viewed 1574 times
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Re: Swing arm fired switchblade

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

man that is sweet, thanks for the pic.
Jackalope

Post by Jackalope »

Thanks for the post. I had one and ended up selling it. Another one of my stupid mistakes I've made. lol. There are a few people that collected one of every handle material/color. I think there were about a dozen or so types made.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

GEC (Great Eastern Cutlery) in Titusville, PA were the makers. I also wish I would have snagged a couple more.
big_slim

Post by big_slim »

I've got one but man those are hard to find these days. I'd pay up for a black micarta or tortoiseshell version but haven't seen one in a long time. GEC makes very nice knives, but sadly haven't done any more autos since these.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Terry - thanks for the information. They had a display at the 2011 or 2012 Atlanta show. I spoke with one of their representatives who wouldn't entertain any discussion about any switchblades of any sort, despite me providing rave reviews of their knives. He wouldn't even acknowledge GEC making the knives. I invited to come over to the "switchblade area" and assured him that he and his company would be warmly received, but he clearly had no interest and was probably just waiting for me to go away. Other folks at the show also mentioned having a similar experience - a bad case of switchblade paranoia I suppose.

Jim
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Yeah, when SharperD first contracted these knives it was very secretive and hush, hush who was actually making them. Eventually word got out.

Many state laws have changed for the better since. Maybe they would be more open to switchblade production now.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Didn't we have one of those in a pass around quite a few years back?
2024 candidate for president
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Yep, and I won it. A red bone like Jim has but I had to sell when I had all my doctor bills.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I have one and, like everyone else, wish I had bought half a dozen.
I was at that show. I asked the GEC guys about them and they started acting all goofy and denying knowing anything about them.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.