AKC - Need information

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fredom Lover

AKC - Need information

Post by Fredom Lover »

IMG_3714.JPG
IMG_3714.JPG (78.26 KiB) Viewed 1214 times
Fredom Lover

Re: AKC - Need information

Post by Fredom Lover »

IMG_3711.JPG
IMG_3711.JPG (63.24 KiB) Viewed 1210 times
Looking for any information on these knives. All of my searches on internet came up empty. These are both stamped AKC. Button open/button close.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

I'm fairly sure it's a Catalana bo/bc. These are the ringpull models...

https://www.3knives.com/en/product/28/c ... b-rin.html

Here's an earlier Catalana I have. BO/BC, simply stamped INOX from the 1960's...

Last edited by JulesVane on Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Fredom Lover

Post by Fredom Lover »

Thanks for the information.
Any idea of the age and value? Can these be Early AKC knives? The tang stamp is not the same as there current tang stamp.
Fredom Lover

Post by Fredom Lover »

Still looking for some information on these knives
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

Fredom Lover wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:23 am Thanks for the information.
Any idea of the age and value? Can these be Early AKC knives? The tang stamp is not the same as there current tang stamp.
I might compare them to the current going value of the Calatana - AKC stamps are murky at best and have been terminally polluted by Asian cloners to the point that some people won't go near the stilettos with the marking - although I've never EVER seen a clone of anything other than AKC stilettos or leverlettos - so I would imagine your Calatanas would retain their value assuming they're in good condition.

IMHO AGA would be better off retiring the brand and it would indeed appear that they're reigning it in (9'' swing guards are marked AGA now..)
Knee-deep in the hoopla...