Not a switch, but...

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
BennytheBlade

Not a switch, but...

Post by BennytheBlade »

My oldest knife-
Thought someone might appreciate it.
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I can almost never leave one "as is" :( I'd have to sharpen it [a little] :oops: I bet it would take a hell of an edge :!:
Diggaway

Post by Diggaway »

I do appreciate it.A great old pattern from the days when "horsepower" had a different meaning,and a SAK was something you carried the oats in.
My old Jonathan Crookes(Sheffield) has a sheepsfoot master blade etched "Canada Cutter" and its sturdy corkscrew still does duty on the odd bottle of fine vintage(that being anything without a screwcap,and made before September).Notice the taper in the corkscrew material,a nice touch just not seen anymore,and the nutcracker notch acts like a finger groove when dragging corks.
I wonder how many others your pics caused to pause and reflect on the why,when,and how of these old knives.It did me :)
Sempere ubi sub ubi
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

None of these old ones were stainless :!: :D