EIG's

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
fastr19

EIG's

Post by fastr19 »

Eig.jpg
Eig.jpg (442.64 KiB) Viewed 2849 times
whippersnapper

Re: EIG's

Post by whippersnapper »

Outstanding!
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

so?, that is where all of them are,nice Allen.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

That is the most exhaustive and impressive collection of EIG's that I have seen. Thanks for sharing these gems, Allen.

Is that a leftover implement from your practice in the upper left of the photo?

Regards,

Jim
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

jim d, wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:29 pm That is the most exhaustive and impressive collection of EIG's that I have seen. Thanks for sharing these gems, Allen.

Is that a leftover implement from your practice in the upper left of the photo?

Regards,

Jim
Lol. I didn't notice that. It is a scalpel. Good eye Jim and thanks.
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

Thank you Eric and Terry.
niceguy2

Post by niceguy2 »

Nice group Allen ! Thanks for the show
sprink

Post by sprink »

Wow what a great looking group, the leverlock is quite the eye catcher . Thanks for sharing.
Chris51P

Post by Chris51P »

Very, very nice assortment of EIG autos. One thing that I’ve noticed when it comes to pre-60’s stamps is that EIG is one of the few among Italian stamped knives that had leverlocks in their stable. I noticed the one in your lineup. Which family produced the EIG brand or was there more than one? If there were other leverlock stamps there must have been very few.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Beautiful collection of EIG’s Allen! Really nice!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Jackalope

Post by Jackalope »

Very cool set you have there my friend. It's cool that you have examples of bayo, swedge and kris blades. Just curious, did they import any manual stilettos?
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

I'll try to answer these as best I can. Apparently Jeff at some point many manuals were introduced. I think Belmont stated he had many of them. I also believe I read that Japan later on produced EIGs.
Thanks Chris. I'm stuck in the past. Your collection transcends time.
Chris 51P: see my next post.
Appreciate it JJ and Sprink.
Last edited by fastr19 on Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

Charley sent me some info on the leverlock. Here goes. Rats, it was too large to open. Anyway this knife was designed by the cutler A. Centazzo. I believe I have seen this style with other tang stamps (I may be wrong). Thanks for the info Charley.
scagel

Post by scagel »

I left a message on another board about 'Saul Eig'. A Miami, FL importer of 'Saturday Night Specials, knives and other misc. cutlery. Eig was in and out of court because of the guns. I remember one company, I think it was 'Rohm' in Germany that supplied most of the parts. I lived across the street, more or less, and had a summer job there, 1959 or so. I and several old men assembled the parts into guns along with the 'automatics'. Saul's wife dealt with customers in the showroom. Both wore flashy Rolex Presidentials. I learned what that 'watch' was years later. His tang stamp was similar to Randall's. The shop was on NW 20th St. A bicycle ride from 'Ek' who had moved from CT to Miami
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

Scagel I remember that post but couldn't remember where it was. If I had I probably would have stolen some of the information. Thank you.