B.V. & F. ITALY

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JulesVane

B.V. & F. ITALY

Post by JulesVane »

9" (23 cm) B.V. & F. (Beltrame Vittorio & Figli) Picklock. If I'm reading the history correctly, Frank Beltrame's Father started making stilettos and using this stamp in 1958, which seems like a real odd time to start, considering what was going on in the U.S. at that time with switchblades...

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
jim d,

Re: B.V. & F. ITALY

Post by jim d, »

Great example - thanks for sharing. I don't know when that stamp first started to be used, but have seen it on transitionals, which would have been post 1958.

Jim
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

jim d, wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:37 am Great example - thanks for sharing. I don't know when that stamp first started to be used, but have seen it on transitionals, which would have been post 1958.

Jim
Thanks Jim...I'm reading 1958 to 1969, when Frank's Father passed away. That sure would explain the transitionals/swivel bolsters. If he did start as late as 1958, I wouldn't think he created lots of picklocks.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

If he did start as late as 1958, I wouldn't think he created lots of picklocks.. Exactly, which makes yours an even better acquisition.

Jim
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

B.V.& F.that is a picklock is a hard stamp to find,good one Chric.
Chris51P

Post by Chris51P »

What an excellent find, Chris. Maybe someday you’ll share your secret on how u keep coming up with such great finds that r also in terrific condition. Nice catch.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Chris51P wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:53 pm What an excellent find, Chris. Maybe someday you’ll share your secret on how u keep coming up with such great finds that r also in terrific condition. Nice catch.
...thank you very much! But, I only wish they were ALL great finds! Some "catches" I wish I could throw back in the pond lol.

Chris51P

Post by Chris51P »

😂😂😂😂😂 I guess we all have some those.
sprink

Post by sprink »

Wow what a beautiful example of of an early picklock , thanks for sharing 👍
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

started making stilettos and using this stamp in 1958, which seems like a real odd time to start,
Probably just bad luck with the timing.
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

Wow! I'm jealous! Beautiful knife, Chris! Great big stamp!
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

That's a beauty!

Frank is still making knives as it is a family affair with him. Is his brother Armando still around?
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

natcherly wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:27 am That's a beauty!

Frank is still making knives as it is a family affair with him. Is his brother Armando still around?
I hear Armando retired a couple years ago.
Knee-deep in the hoopla...