My Walt’s Latamas

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
WheelingWV

My Walt’s Latamas

Post by WheelingWV »

I jump started my Walt’s Latama collection in August. Walt is an awesome person to do business with. Pictures aren’t the greatest quality... Here they are:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dlzig909nlwlx ... M.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v3vlq0g4jd67k ... M.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uf9fccmwyzbts ... M.jpg?dl=0
Mistakes are like knives. They can help us or they can hurt us. It all depends on whether we grab ‘em by the handle or by the blade.
WheelingWV

Re: My Walt’s Latamas

Post by WheelingWV »

Thom, you asked for a report on the Wenge Wood. It’s awesome! I love the Abalone knives, but the Wenge Wood might be my favorite.👍
Mistakes are like knives. They can help us or they can hurt us. It all depends on whether we grab ‘em by the handle or by the blade.
thom

Post by thom »

I just sent you a reply and now I don't see it. Weird??? What kind of horn is the 6th one? To the right of the Wenge wood.
You must have seen the message because I asked about the Wenge wood. You have a killer collection already. Really nice.
If you like the Abalone, check these 2 out. Black lip pearl and Mother of Pearl and an Abalone.
Thom
WheelingWV

Post by WheelingWV »

Beautiful knives, Thom... stunning! The one next to the Wenge Wood is: Walt's Classic 11" Blond Honey Horn NEW Dagger CL-BL-D1123 (Thanks for the kind words!)
thom

Post by thom »

Is the Wenge wood smooth or does it have some texture? I was hoping it would have been available a little longer.
Thom
WheelingWV

Post by WheelingWV »

Thom, surprisingly its smoother than I expected. As I’m sure you know, the lighter bands in Wenge Wood are known to be softer than the dark bands (often making them feel more “textured”). On a different subject, it took me a little while (and a peek at YouTube) to figure out how to close the two picklocks.😂😂😂
thom

Post by thom »

Yeah, I can't make up my mind which I like better, the bolster release or the picklock. Bolster release is easier but I like the flatguards,
WheelingWV

Post by WheelingWV »

Same here, Thom.👍
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Beautiful Walts guys! WheelingWV: You started your Walts collection just last month, in August? (Maybe I misunderstood?). Really great! Thom: You really captured the colors of your Pearl knives great in those pics. Not easy to do for sure! Very nice!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
WheelingWV

Post by WheelingWV »

JulesVane, yes, all purchased during the last half of August. I’m fortunate that Wifee loves me. LOL ...I certainly jumped into the deep end with my newest obsession. 😫 No regrets, though. Just more “stuff” for our two daughters to go through when we’re gone. I’m placing a letter in my safe to let them know what they have. Best wishes, y’all... I love this “group.” You’ve all taught me so much ALREADY. Thank you!
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Good move on the letter to your girls! If your not a knife person you might not have a clue to the difference of a $30 knife from a $300 knife. People find deals like that in rummage sales sometimes.
2024 candidate for president
WheelingWV

Post by WheelingWV »

Yessir, Sammy the Blade. 👍

Please let me know if you hear of any of those rummage sales. 😁