Zee French

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Zee French

Post by Vagrant »

THERIAS - DAGUE DE CHASSE
French Hunting Knife
Zee Phrench use it to "finnish off" wounded Wild Boar.
[Maybe they aren't ALL wimps. I'd rather "finish off" a wounded wild boar
with a Kalasnikov] Next time the French are in trouble maybe they should send their Hunters instead of their Army :!:
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

That is a beaut.
Maybe they can make great knives, but somebody just needs to teach them how to use them :roll:
That is indeed a PIG STICKER
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

the french do a few thing well eh?

how about this.....
[French baïonnette, afterBayonne, a town of southwest France.]
Word History: It is not unusual for a word to come from a place name. Cheddar, from the name of a village in southwest England; hamburger, after Hamburg, Germany; and mayonnaise, possibly from Mahón, the capital of Minorca, are often found together on our tables. The word bayonet, a very undomestic sort of word, also derives from a place name, that of Bayonne, a town in southwest France where the weapon was first made. The French word baïonnette could also mean “a dagger or a knife,” and the English word bayonet is first found in 1672 with this meaning. The word is first recorded in its present sense in 1704.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

mrbigg wrote:the french do a few thing well eh?

how about this.....
[ and mayonnaise, possibly from Mahón, the capital of Minorca, a
Ed McMahon claimed it was invented by one of his ancestors. IF it is Irish my bets would be on the name [and County] Mayo. Here's another opinion, from http://www.nomayo.com "Mayonnaise, like hollandaise, was invented by the French to cover up the flavor of spoiled flesh, stale vegetables, rotten fish. Beware the sauce! Where food comes beslobbered with an elegant slime you may well suspect the integrity of the basic ingredients."
missaman

Post by missaman »

Missa Bigg,
I think not f.t.f imho
Missaman in da hood