my new EDC's

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

my new EDC's

Post by mrbigg »

with the help of my pal 8) mr missaman 8) - i finally broke down and bought a couple
small benchmade knives which i intend to use as dual EDC's 8)

the top one is really sweet, the mchenry and williams 310
154cm and razor sharp with titanium scales..u depress a lever in the scale to open/close
(check out benchmade's site - this now comes in auto version!)
about 4 3/4" overall - so small and sweet - perfect for my pocket,

second is a tether that although is 440C is ver sharp,
and the grooves are in a perfect place - nice tool...
neatly tucked up under the shirt or jacket :D

BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

nice Mr. Bigg-
Ive looked at the mchenry many a time and considered it.
I like the necker too. Have it narrowed down to something like what you got- spyderco makes one that looks alot like the dodo that Im interested in too. Both look like great edcs.
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
mrbigg

Post by mrbigg »

thanks benny!

they are the first benchmade's i've bought, and so far i really like the quality and feel. the 310 is a present to myself for two years of no-smoking! :D can't wait to see what i buy myself when it gets to 5 years :wink: :lol:
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

congrats on not smoking-
Little Bigg will want to have his daddy around a long time (Im not an antismoker, just know its not good for ya)
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

This is not for Mr Bigg but a general question. When neck knives first became hot I picked one up. Since the paracord used can also be used to strangle you in a fight if your assailant gets his hands on it I switched the day I got it to ball chain which breaks free, But I found I never could get used to having something that heavy hanging around my neck so for 3 years it has been hanging off the back of my computer chair. Do others here find them uncomfortable? Do you think it bothered me cause it was a 15" fighting Bowie and just a tad to heavy? :lol:
PB
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

Only 15"? :twisted:
Thats like hanging an anchor around your neck.
I like the way you think tho :twisted: :twisted:
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Pushbutton wrote:This is not for Mr Bigg but a general question. When neck knives first became hot I picked one up. Since the paracord used can also be used to strangle you in a fight if your assailant gets his hands on it I switched the day I got it to ball chain which breaks free, But I found I never could get used to having something that heavy hanging around my neck so for 3 years it has been hanging off the back of my computer chair. Do others here find them uncomfortable? Do you think it bothered me cause it was a 15" fighting Bowie and just a tad to heavy? :lol:
PB
Mr. PB
Three years ago I saw a neck knife in a magazine and I emailed Stu to see if he had anything like it, very neat blade. So I bought a couple of them and tried wearing it and just couldn't get use to the weight. Hell, I had a hard time wearing the medallions
back in the sixties. I don't like anything around my neck. I can't wear a shirt buttoned at the top and I wear short sleeve shirts all
winter because I don't like the hanging material on my arms. Just a weird guy, Hey
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
missaman

Post by missaman »

Now you tell me the 310 comes in an auto 8) . Maybe next time :D
Missaman
mrbigg

Post by mrbigg »

Pushbutton wrote:This is not for Mr Bigg but a general question. When neck knives first became hot I picked one up. Since the paracord used can also be used to strangle you in a fight if your assailant gets his hands on it I switched the day I got it to ball chain which breaks free, But I found I never could get used to having something that heavy hanging around my neck so for 3 years it has been hanging off the back of my computer chair. Do others here find them uncomfortable? Do you think it bothered me cause it was a 15" fighting Bowie and just a tad to heavy? :lol:
PB
mr PB the benchmade one's come with a break-away tether for just such a reason as you describe............ i wore it all day today, and i didn't even notice it there - even cut open a box :D !!!
Shiver

Post by Shiver »

Funny, just this last Monday I ordered a Colt neck knife (amoung several other blades including a Hen and Rooster tactical neo-stiletto style knife). They should be in any day now. But this thread reminds me that in the past I've tried a couple of neck knives and they didn't last long. Mainly due to the cord/chain whatever around the neck becoming bothersome. This time I'm gonna try to find something comfortable. In fact, the picture of the Colt shows it worn around the neck or alternately around the neck and one shoulder so it hangs in the armpit area. Will let ya know if this one feels okay.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Claudester wrote:
PB
Mr. PB
Three years ago I saw a neck knife in a magazine and I emailed Stu to see if he had anything like it, very neat blade. So I bought a couple of them and tried wearing it and just couldn't get use to the weight. Hell, I had a hard time wearing the medallions
back in the sixties. I don't like anything around my neck. I can't wear a shirt buttoned at the top and I wear short sleeve shirts all
winter because I don't like the hanging material on my arms. Just a weird guy, Hey
I can't stand things around the neck. I don't even own a single neck-tie.
I wear long sleeve shirts BUT even in winter roll them up to short sleeve length. [Nothing weird about your preference in my opinion].
mrbigg

Post by mrbigg »

missaman wrote:Now you tell me the 310 comes in an auto 8) . Maybe next time :D
Missaman
glad to hear there will be a next time :twisted: 8) by the way they weren't released yet when i got those - probably available now!

mr claudester/vagrant - i know exactly how you feel, but for some reason this doesn't seem to bug me, and it's definately not heavy....
i've been wearing it to work, and hanging it on the outside of my shirt -
it's been very handy several times!