Yeah I know, kill the shadow.

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Yeah I know, kill the shadow.

Post by Vagrant »

Need light from front to kill shadow, BUT You can read the name on the Blade. [Have to squint a little maybe but the best I've done so far] Should have wiped all the oil off but I figured it might help kill the glare. Next [when I get light] I try for the "Cold Steel" on the tang.
tanto

Post by tanto »

You might turn your knife diagonally (better fits the picture) and try different light possitions too...

David
---------------

My knives + watches
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

This room is very small and crowded, adding a light would be easier then trying to reposition things, usually. I need a few days off from work to really spend some time with the camera. A little time and I can experiment with; lighting, backgrounds, angles, etc. Maybe even make a stand of some kind to put things on. Shooting down at 45 degrees distorts things. So a straight shot would help. I've seen light boxes on a couple forums and the pics taken with those always look good.
Switch 67 shoots outdoors and takes great pics but there's not much light at 4:00 a.m. At least when someone asks for a pic I can do it, even a bad pic is better than a description.
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Mr. Vagrant,

That's a good sharp pic... (did ya get someone else to take it.. :lol: ) .... I've blown up a bit of it for the "Cold Steel" stamp...

Best wishes
Teddy
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

Your dont happen to have a pic of a certain black auto do you Mr. Vagrant :D :wink:
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Teddy wrote:Mr. Vagrant,

That's a good sharp pic... (did ya get someone else to take it.. :lol: ) .... I've blown up a bit of it for the "Cold Steel" stamp...

Best wishes
Teddy
Nice,
I'll have to ask one of the kids if I can do stuff like this with what we have or do I need photo workshop?
This is a sharp little one. Trade secret actually made by Camilus for Cold Steel [You didn't hear it from me].
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

BennytheBlade wrote:Your dont happen to have a pic of a certain black auto do you Mr. Vagrant :D :wink:
Just the old one I've shown a couple of times. [New one in a day or two].