A.G.A. Campolin "Sahara"

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JulesVane

A.G.A. Campolin "Sahara"

Post by JulesVane »

Certainly a different style than I commonly add to my collection. But, I DO like to add a bit of everything. The 2017 A.G.A. Campolin Sahara 70th Anniversary model-Limited Edition in Buffalo Horn. Came pretty sharp and appears to be a very usable knife if one were so inclined....

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
JimBrown257

Re: A.G.A. Campolin "Sahara"

Post by JimBrown257 »

That's a cool knife.

There was a Russian knife being sold about two years ago that was that exact design. Is this AGA modeled after that one, or is the Russian one modeled after the AGA one...or are the both modeled after some other, earlier knife?
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Hey Jeremy! I'm not familiar with the Russian design you speak of, but what got me thinking to get this piece was the posts of the Sardinian (?) knives from a different region in Italy. I believe the design (or, something similar), was much older than the traditional/classics we all know and love. Wish I knew more.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
JayAK80

Post by JayAK80 »

That’s a nice looking knife and a solid addition to any collection. Congrats!
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

JayAK80 wrote:That’s a nice looking knife and a solid addition to any collection. Congrats!
Thanks Jay! It's certainly "different", but in a pretty good way!

whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Good to see some new designs come out of Italy in the last couple years, I like this one!
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Here is that Russian one that was around about two years ago. While the OP knife says 2017, I'm guessing they(AGA) either came up with the design or there was a previous Italian knife that both the AGA and Russian are modeled after.
Attachments
Russian Hand Made HDC.jpeg
Russian Hand Made HDC.jpeg (67.19 KiB) Viewed 4556 times
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Wow Jeremy! Darn near identical. I had never seen this exact style before. It does seem, by viewing Angelo's online store, that there is some affiliation with the Russian builders and designs. I believe that gold "Sophy" is a good example of that joint involvement as well as many in his antique section. Thanks for that info..

Markco the Mad otter

Post by Markco the Mad otter »

I really like that style! Nice scales, nice shape.
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
pappy57

Post by pappy57 »

Nice one Chris! I really like that design,I'd have one myself if it wasn't for that ugly ugly word "budget".
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

pappy57 wrote:Nice one Chris! I really like that design,I'd have one myself if it wasn't for that ugly ugly word "budget".
Thanks Ron, and my wife uses this curse word on a regular basis! lol

jdp122

Post by jdp122 »

Im Looking for one of these, ram horn stag horn any kind. Let me know
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

Jules,

Were I to buy another "user" this one would bear very close inspection. I like this style A LOT! 8)
Fishtail Picklock
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Fishtail Picklock wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:47 am Jules,

Were I to buy another "user" this one would bear very close inspection. I like this style A LOT! 8)
I would have naturally suggested 3knives, but I had no idea they were sold out. I'll take a look around.

Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

Look at the lines, the Clip Point blade. Were this made in S45V steel you couldn't keep the knife in stock. They would be riding with firefighters, security officers, EMTs, hunters, and more. Beautiful, functional, and hard-working personal cutlery.

When you think about it, this is precisely whats needed on the farm too. When you don't need a knife that's as heavy as a Buck 110, this would more than fill the bill. This is the knife that should have superseded Schrade-Walden's "Hunter's Pride" (You could arrange for it to have a "screw" assembly for the purpose of cleaning). Thinking of it as a "field knife" makes sense.
Fishtail Picklock