13" swinger

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
BIRD

13" swinger

Post by BIRD »

here is another 13" I am almost thru with 5/32 SS bayo blade, 1095 kicker, NS bolsters and button and pins,with some black and blue Texas longhorn. This thing has a great snap to it and locks up tight just got to final sand and peen it togetherImageImageImage
ILikeStilettos

Re: 13" swinger

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Loverly, Jerry, you are really hitting your stride.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Love the profile of that one. That tapered bayo really makes it! Great job....
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Outrageously niceness, Mr. Bird!
Mos' excellent craftsmanship!
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
DonC

Post by DonC »

Long tapered blades really do it for me. Really like what you've done with this one.
Great looking example of real craftsmanship.

DonC
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Sorry to put in my two cents, again, but those scales are some of the best I've ever seen. Black and blue you say? That's a new one. Whatever you call them, they're just magnificent. Hey folks, do note that Jerry has been non-specific about this knife. He likely will keep it, but if someone REALLY wants it, start waving the Franklin's about under his nose. I've just gotten two more beauties from him (photos soon) else I would be greedy.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. Bird-

Yikes and yowzer!! Your skill of'n craftsmanship is extraordinary. I defer to your expertise, AS a somewhat semi-tarded knifesmith mineself, the best eye haved created are the WJC Custom Auto collection, containing my finest creation, the "Womb Raider" OTF commemorative for Mr. Pushbutton, based on the Kriss copper blade thrust in and out of the tampon given to me by Mr. Doofus Emeritus' her.Then there was the fleeting fame regarding minst wooden leaf spring Valentines day side opener, no need to discuss minst canine fecal scaled Bonzoid rubber band side opener unit.
To wit- pleased continue onst yer endeavors to create, we shalst await...
AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally j. Corpse
mooman978

Post by mooman978 »

An amazing piece
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Beautiful job,must be rewarding to hold a piece like this knowing you created it from the ground up.
Love the longhorn scales,first I have heard anyone using it.

Been around those animals and one has to be up close to truly appreciate how massive they are.
Back in 94' I was in Texas and visited a longhorn ranch and the owner was a solid 6'4" 240 lbs and we were standing by one of the larger ones when some flies were buzzing around and the animal simply made a small flinch knocking the big man completely off his feet,beer went flying :lol:
I heard all the air leave his body and he got up laughing and said it wasn't the first time that happened.
However most folks don't know that they are extremely gentle giants and higher intelligence than most breeds.