5 damascus B&T's

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
atakach

5 damascus B&T's

Post by atakach »

Here are 5 that a customer ordered for Christmas gifts, I thought they came out really cool. Even though the pic isnt very clear, the pattern in them was real nice and had great contrast. They are 1095 and 15n20. They all measure between 6 1/4'' - 7 1/4''.

The handles are (L to R) , snakewood,ironwood,buckeye burl,camel bone,box elder burl. All the woods are stabilized.

javacupper

Re: 5 damascus B&T's

Post by javacupper »

Really nice! 8)
The only thing I take seriously in life is death but I haven't gotten there yet!Image
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Outstanding! These are gorgeous skinners.
Love to have one of your hand made masterpieces.

We do have some wonderful craftsmen here at Talk Blade.
Your knives are world class to say the least.
gramps

Post by gramps »

Viking45 wrote:Outstanding! These are gorgeous skinners.
Love to have one of your hand made masterpieces.

We do have some wonderful craftsmen here at Talk Blade.
Your knives are world class to say the least.
Ditto!...What Viking said! :wink:
If I only knew!
KMNREMTP

Post by KMNREMTP »

these are handmade? y'all imma have to delete my account! seems everyone here has a collection of masterpieces or is able to make any masterpiece they wish. love the knives, love the way they sit deep in the sheath, i gotta swedish hunting knife and a buck hunting knife that both fit deep like that n it's almost like they have a snap when ya get 'em in there, even though it's leather. i think the swedish one does have a button snap and i know the buck does. i'm ranting- beautiful knives fellah, you should be pleased with your work.
atakach

Post by atakach »

KMNREMTP wrote:these are handmade? y'all imma have to delete my account! seems everyone here has a collection of masterpieces or is able to make any masterpiece they wish. love the knives, love the way they sit deep in the sheath, i gotta swedish hunting knife and a buck hunting knife that both fit deep like that n it's almost like they have a snap when ya get 'em in there, even though it's leather. i think the swedish one does have a button snap and i know the buck does. i'm ranting- beautiful knives fellah, you should be pleased with your work.

many thanks my friend, and of course they are handmade, i mean i did use a hammer and grinder, but yes i made them, i do all work in house, with the excepting of the suits (sheaths), needle and thread aint my strong point bud.

again thanks all

andrew

btw, i wish i had one of them to, they were pretty cool, but gotta eat ya know
KMNREMTP

Post by KMNREMTP »

just as long as you hang on to some of your work... can't believe u hammered these out, wish i had that kinda talent- if i keep wishin it aint gunna do a bit of good, i gotta get out there n get hands on (which hopefully will be able to happen in the near future)
john

Post by john »

Hello atakach,
Wicked cool 8) great craftsmanship :!:
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Fellas-This is a knife forum. There are many massively talented individuals here.
Many collectors too. Only prob is we(me) collectors cannot afford these works of art. :lol:

I feel privileged to be a part of this forum among such great artisans.
We talk Italian switchblades and such but this is where my heart is- Hand-made one of a kind works of art.
atakach

Post by atakach »

john6553 wrote:Hello atakach,
Wicked cool 8) great craftsmanship :!:
John

hello to you as well my friend, many thanks

viking, truly flattered to have such a post make on my thread even if i am not the specific artisian it was directed towards :)

good stuff bud

andrew
KMNREMTP

Post by KMNREMTP »

just noticed Viking's post n i feel like it was slightly directed towards me. I wasn't serious about deletin my account- i was just implying that i don't feel worthy. The Italian Switches are BEAUTIFUL. The hand mades are BEAUTIFUL! they are all way outta my league/price range. n i still love my junk (as i stated when i introduced myself) but i'm definatly gaining interest in these new styles of art that I'm coming across. lol dude i even like old rusted patina'd kitchen knives!
atakach

Post by atakach »

hey bud it's all good, im a newbie to. and i love rusty junk, my favorite places to shop sell old rusty junk. most of which sit around .....when i actually have the cash to take it home, and it never is used, but atleast i got it!!! hahaha

thanks
andrew
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

No Mr. KMNREMTP my post was just stating that we have some awesome craftsmen here(nothing to do with your comments) and Yes Atakach I was referring to you and your excellnet work.

After reading my post above it did kind of sound a little off :oops:
I just try to say something different in these posts besides "Cool knife!" :lol:
These knives deserve a little more than that. 8)
KMNREMTP

Post by KMNREMTP »

lol that sounds familiar. do ya waste all ur spendin money on rusty stuff before buying the really nice stuff that u should?
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Really 8)