Big,Bad, Black & Blue

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
atakach

Big,Bad, Black & Blue

Post by atakach »

Here's another chopper I recently finished, I forged it from 2'' x 1/4'' "NEW" 5160 flat stock. Which was 3x's hardened and 2x's tempered.

The handle is a black & blue paper micarta , and was actually made by a forum member, I just cant remember who?? feel free to speak up:)

So the specs are 18'' O.A., with a blade thats about 12 1/2'' tip to plunge cut. The blade is flat ground and has a slight convexed edge. The spine has a long clip ground in, it isnt very sharp, but it could be sharpened if someone chose to do so.

The finish is bead blasted, and the scales are polished. Pins are nickle.

I dont use this type of handle material much anymore, though I use to. I see it alot, but to truely get it right both sides should have an identical pattern, which can sometimes be tricky. I think I got them pretty close on this one.