My New Mikov

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
xilix

My New Mikov

Post by xilix »

I got this Mikov in the other day and I am so happy. Long story short, I had a knife collection stolen from me about 10 years ago, and I haven't collected since. I decided to start collecting again, and started it all off with this Mikov. Ordered Black ABS scales and opened up the box to find I got real stag instead :shock: . I ain't complainin'. :) I also ordered a Typhoon by MCM in Briar. I can't wait for that to come in. It looks gorgeous. Anyway, here is my Mikov.

cutnstuf_deleted

Re: My New Mikov

Post by cutnstuf_deleted »

Nice knife and nice photography too! :)

Cut
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

cutnstuf wrote:Nice knife and nice photography too! :)

Cut
I agree ,nice job with the photos. Also that's one hell of an upgrade. 8)
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Ditto 8)
--J

Post by --J »

---------
Last edited by --J on Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I like how you carry it on your hat!
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
El Gringo

Post by El Gringo »

Bill DeShivs wrote:I like how you carry it on your hat!
:lol:

Yes, thats super nice...you lucky dog! :mrgreen:
xilix

Post by xilix »

Thanks a lot for the comments guys. I Always wanted the Mikov, for at least the last 4 years I've been drooling over them. I love the design as well. So durable, and so beautiful. My Uncle is torn about this knife, though. He loves it, says it's a great knife, but that he just can't get over the placement of the lever, he says it's too high up, and wishes it was button-actuated instead. I tried to explain to him that the lever design is part of the reason it's so durable, but he wasn't listenin'. :roll: Either way, it was a great way to start the new collection.

I'll post up some pics of the Typhoon when it arrives. I'm extra excited about it for some reason. It's gonna be a good week. I got my Mikov, gettin' the Typhoon in soon, and after two months of waiting, the Mustang is returning from the shop. I can't wait to hit the road, burn some rubber and go fishin' with the new arrivals to take some nice pics near the water.
Vanagas

Post by Vanagas »

Nice score! Gratz to you sir.
Mike
tanto

Post by tanto »

Great looking knife!!!

David
---------------

My knives + watches
Grim

Post by Grim »

nice looing knife you cant go wrong with a mikov 8)
DONT TREAD ON ME
xilix

Post by xilix »

Wow, guys, I just got my Typhoon by MCM from Stu711.com. What a knife! For the price you just can't go wrong on this. It's beautiful. No time for pics of it right now but I'll take some soon. This knife is a MUST HAVE. I screwed myself buying this (checking account issues... whoops) and it was worth the trouble. Awesome purchase. This knife is a badass just like the description says. It also looks like Stu oiled the knife and cleaned it before he sent it out. Nice! ZERO bladeplay on this knife. I mean SOLID. Honestly, this is one of the most solid knives I've ever held. The only knives I've held that were as solid weren't auto's, and they cost twice as much. I was having a crappy day until I saw this. Now I'm all smiles. :)
Springmesser

Post by Springmesser »

Beautiful pics and knife! :)
xilix

Post by xilix »

I had time to take a couple pics of the Typhoon. As I said before this knife is absolutely drop dead gorgeous and very heavy. This knife has my name written all over it. It's totally my cup of tea. It kicks like a mule and it was way bigger than I thought it was gonna be. It's also so sharp I can shave with it. I eventually want to collect all of the scale variations of this. I knew I was gonna like it but I didn't know I'd love it this much. Anyway, here are a couple pics. I wanted to take more but just don't have the time.

El Gringo

Post by El Gringo »

A nice one too! :D