2015 The Lepre Hunting Knife by Lepre

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
john

2015 The Lepre Hunting Knife by Lepre

Post by john »

Hello Everyone,

As soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it. The Lepre Hunting Knife by Lepre is available is from Angelo Campolin and I've seen it on the SD Auction site; it may be available on other sites. I like this knife a lot. In my opinion if you like the Catalana, you'll like this knife. It's sturdy, well built, and the attention to fit and finish is the cherry on top. The Lepre Hunting Knife is built on a slightly modified catalana frame, same as the Diana. While there are similarities there are differences. The Lepre Hunting Knife is a little bit more chunky, thicker and it feels slightly bigger, but the differences don't end there. However, the two knives do share a similar shape, nickel silver hardware, and a big broad and very sharp blade, the same high quality Brazilian horn as all of the knives do. The knife comes with a wicked soft black leather pouch/sheath with a belt loop. The belt loop is formed when the cover is flipped over and snapped (see the photo). The leather is butter soft and would make an amazing jacket.

The difference begin with the stainless steel blade. It's made from W1.416+N with a hardness rating of 57 HRC. The firing mechanism is a nickel silver plunger type button and not the usual rocker arm style. The sear is on the backside of the blade and hole doesn't come through the top side of the blade. To release the blade locking mechanism and close the blade the nickel silver curved bar, which is located above the top bolster, is made to be pinched and lifted. The curved bar echoes the shape of the knife. Releasing the blade is similar to pulling a ring or lifting a lever, but it's different. I like the nickel silver safety. It's located just below the top bolster. It's a short throw to set or release the safety.

The knife measures OAL 21cm - 8 1/2", Blade Length 9 cm - 3 1/2", Clip Point Swedge style Blade thickness 3.5 mm - 0.15" or about 3/16", the blade is slightly off center and sits well below the liner's edge, the front side of the blade is stamped with the image of the Lepre "Rabbit" over LEPRE over INOX, the backside is stamped MANIAGO. The blade and nickel silver bolsters, button, safety, pins are mirror polished and polished brass liners. It fires fast and locks up tighter than rusted nuts and bolts. The Lepre Hunter comes with a certificate.

AGA over the past several years has done a great deal to come up with quality knives, some new designs, collaborated with and features other knife makers on 3knives.com, he's commissioned the reproduction of classic knives and more.

Innovation coupled with quality is keeping knife collecting fresh and exciting.

Thank you, for taking a look at my Lepre Hunting Knife by Lepre,

John

new in our collections. He's

Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
whippersnapper

Re: 2015 The Lepre Hunting Knife by Lepre

Post by whippersnapper »

Those are different. I might have to check one out. 8)
DonC

Post by DonC »

Another great looking knife John. I think the button and locking mechanism on the Lepre knives to be a really interesting departure from the style we're used to seeing on the stilettos.
DonC
john

Post by john »

Hi Terry,
I'm pretty sure you'll like it. Take the plunge.
Thank you, Terry, for checking out my Lepre and for writing,
John
John

john

Post by john »

Hi Don,
My eye was immediately drawn to the button and safety, then to the horn. It's a nice knife. It could use a big brother. A 25 cm and this 21.5 cm would make a great set.
Thank you, Don, for stopping by and for your comment,
John
John

Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

That's what I'm talking about. I may have to look into one of those.
Beautiful piece John,love the contours.
john

Post by john »

Hello Dave,
I think you'll like it. It's a little bit bigger beefier than the Diana. I like them both. It's s very well made knife. I hope Lepre makes a 10" version.
Thank you, Dave, for checking out my new hunter and for writing,
John
John

jdp122

Post by jdp122 »

anyone have one of these campolin Lepre 2015 for sale. Looking for a stag handle but would take anything.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Good luck.
2024 candidate for president
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Lepre builds very fine knives.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

There is one for sale on SharperDeal.

Jim
jdp122

Post by jdp122 »

thank you. just saw it.
NorthCarolinaDude

Post by NorthCarolinaDude »

Just getting back to speed after Covid and pneumonia, good times in the New Year! :cry:

Anyhow, I just wanted to say that I picked up one of these from Bob and I'm expecting it to land in the next day or so. I have one of the newer Lepre "swinger" models I picked up off of 3K last year, and thought this 2015 model would keep it in good company. I like the blade style on these older ones too. These are some well made knives, and unique.

Peace.
NorthCarolinaDude

Post by NorthCarolinaDude »

My Lepre arrived today. It's stunning. New old stock 2015 in horn. Fires like a rocket too. If you are considering one then check out AAPK or SD as I saw another there offered by Bob as of this morning. I hope to get some pics up but if you need to know what it looks like now then just see above as John's pics tell the tale. Only difference being the variations of white in the horn.

Peace.