another random pic

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
BennytheBlade

another random pic

Post by BennytheBlade »

Im really loving what these custom makers are doing w/ there steel.
very unusual damascus that seems pretty cool to me.

not in love w/ the handle, love the pommel, and it gets an A+ for originality.

heres the info for Mr. PB... :wink:
David Brodziak has been making knives from his home in Albany, Western Australia since 1989. David is an established full time maker and is accredited with numerous awards for his artistry with knives. He has earned an excellent reputation for his fine craftsmanship among knife collectors and enthusiasts, nationally and internationally. He makes many different styles, from miniatures to full sized swords, and everything in between. This is a "NEW" Bowie with a Chain Saw Damascus Forged Blade, BL = 8 1/2”, OAL = 14", Bronze fittings, handle is made of Gold bearing Quartz. Fit and Finish is Top Shelf.
FivePointOh

Post by FivePointOh »

Sweet lookin knife there Mr. B!

I would love to fondle that one. :D
The-Distinctive-Edge

Post by The-Distinctive-Edge »

hi five!
We love this stuff!
sammy da blade

Post by sammy da blade »

i'm sure it's a very nice blade, but do you think the guy who made it might be well you know, gay?
thuggin -N- buggin, that's how i roll!
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Sammy
They are a class of knives called "Art Knives" They are well made and only the finest material is used but in most cases knives like this are not made to be used in the traditional sense like a camp knife. Mostly wealthy collectors display them. A good example of one of the finest art Knife maker besides makeing reg knives is Buster Warenski and his wife Julie who is one of the finest engravers working today. 5 years ago buster had a 10 year waiting period now he no longer takes orders so his must be obtained on the secondary market.There are others like H.H. Frank and Tim Herman. These are the kinds of knives that if you have to ask the price you can't afford it. Warenski made an exact copy of the King Tut Dagger using steel,gold,silver and precious stones about 15 years ago and it was then valued at $150,000. I wouldn't even fathom a guess as to its worth today. You will never find this type of collector on knife forums except me of course :P
PB
sammy da blade

Post by sammy da blade »

so what does this have to do about flaming stu! i don't have much money anymore, lost my good job to forign trade, not stu's fault! he sell's junk but he also has italian stiletto's which i can afford at decent priced! i am glad MR. PB is fortunate unough to be able to buy what he likes, i no longer have that option, i'm 48 and shit don't look that good for that old farts that have to start over again! i'll never make the money i'm used to making, i'm just glad Stu is selling knives!!!!
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

sammy da blade wrote:so what does this have to do about flaming stu! i don't have much money anymore, lost my good job to forign trade, not stu's fault! he sell's junk but he also has italian stiletto's which i can afford at decent priced! i am glad MR. PB is fortunate unough to be able to buy what he likes, i no longer have that option, i'm 48 and shit don't look that good for that old farts that have to start over again! i'll never make the money i'm used to making, i'm just glad Stu is selling knives!!!!
Sammy what are you talking about? Didn't you just call the maker of the knife a fag and now your saying I'm flaming stu. Do you know what day it is? Do you know what it means when someone says specificly that this is mine and mine alone personal opinion. Did you read the part where I didn't even know who the fuck Stu was till about 2 days ago? Did you read the part that I don't care if its jesus himself selling the knives I don't like those types of knives . And finally do you read period? Get a grip on yourself here cause your all over the place talking about things that you are taking entirerly out of context. Slow down and reread things and maybe you'll understand whats being said cause its all there in black and white and can't be missed just go slow and don't skim over anything and it will come to you.
PB
sammy da blade

Post by sammy da blade »

PB, i didn't say the guy is a fag, the knive just looks a little funny to me! i'm gettng so many topic replys that i'm getting mixed up! your right i need to slow down a little! sorry if i pissed anyone off. no offence ment.
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Sammy
If you looked up mixed up scratching your head bastard in the dictionary believe me I would have beaten you by years with my picture already there. So no sweat and don't even think twice about it.
PB
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

well, i'm not going to comment whatever team the guy who made it plays on, but it's not my style either, although i do apreciate what the "artist" must have gone through getting a knife to look like that....

hey discussion on knives is what it's all about - thanks for posting that mr BTB!

here are a few knives by a guy named Ron Leuschen, from saskatchewan, i have been drooling over one of his "cadet" knives for a while now...sooon :twisted: the cadet is quite a way down the page...

http://www.littlehenknives.com/Photohosting.html
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

thats what i was thinking...
lets see what the heck is out there...
very cool stuff...
the temper line on the big knife is beautiful as is that black knife w/ blue accents.
love the damascus too.

The main thing I liked about the knife I posted was the chainsaw damascus.
I havent seen any quite like that before.
just when you think youve seen it all.
the spotlight kid

Post by the spotlight kid »

Mr.Benny,I have met Mr.Brodziak at a knife show in Fremantle,Perth Western Australia in November 99.I have even handled one or two of his knives.They are superb and I can assure you,sammy, that he is not light on his toes!The show was small and in the old prison.I was amazed at the quality and workmanship and the different styles of knifemaking by guys that ranged from 18 to 70 in age.There was a lot of chainsaw damascus and a lot of coloured steel through tempering from a couple of kids that lived deep in the outback.I was really impressed.The one knife I wanted to buy though was the Brodziak Bowie that was already spoken for.It was a beauty among Bowies and a 12" blade aswell,my favourite size! :wink: Cheers the spotlight kid. 8)
A CARROT IS AS CLOSE AS A RABBIT GETS TO A DIAMOND!
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Mr Bigg
The man is good. he pays attention to small details I hope he stays at it.The Cadet is a nice back up but lad don't go with serrations and ruin it.
PB
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

Pushbutton wrote:Mr Bigg
The man is good. he pays attention to small details I hope he stays at it.The Cadet is a nice back up but lad don't go with serrations and ruin it.
PB
i think the one without serrations kind of looks like a butterknife....

check this out here:http://www.littlehenknives.com/Survivorseries.html
it goes through all the processes, start to finish............
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I hate it when I run out of superlatives.