My New Mikov

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
leighdog

Re: My New Mikov

Post by leighdog »

You should get into doing photos.Youre very good at it.Some wonderful photos.
redblade64

Post by redblade64 »

Great photos! I just read the post...get all steamed thinking about someone stealing a knife collection. I hope they sit on all those knives.

Keith
butch

Post by butch »

both knives are nice but I really like that stag. 8)
hammondb3muisc

Post by hammondb3muisc »

Yes I agree, your pics are tops! Now I really need to stop using my phone camera... :lol:
tyler_rabbit

Post by tyler_rabbit »

Ditto: awesome photos, what kinda camera are you using?
Great looking stag...
Is that real briar? For some reason I assumed those were some kind of plastic swirl, or printed pattern.. Looks great, might have to track me down one of those guys..
xilix

Post by xilix »

Thanks for the comments guys. The camera I'm using is a Konica Minolta Dimage G600 6.0 Megapixel. I also use Photoshop and Photomatix HDR for post editing, which adds that rich color and extra detail, it really makes the photo pop. Believe it or not, each picture of the knives is actually over ten shots combined together into in HDR image, and then tone mapped and photoshopped to get the look I want.

The scales on the Typhoon are actually solid billet aluminum with a simulated briar wood design painted on them (very durable paint, whatever they used will last forever). This knife is so heavy and sturdy feeling. It just feels like a solid, badass, diesel mofo. I love it. I feel lucky, I got one of the last ones in briar from stu before they sold out. Now just the red and silver Typhoon is left, and I'm really thinking about getting one of those as well, but I have other models I have to add to the collection too, so I'm torn on what to get. The Typhoon's are definately hard enough to find. I desperately want want a Piranha bodyguard, but the price is digging into my spine a little bit. The MCM Brown Snake, B-Stealth, Sog Tac and a few others are pulling me in all directions. Too many knives to buy and not enough cash! The $100+ ea. knives really make it a challenge to build up the collection as fast as I'd like.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Any of the Dimage are GREAT cameras 8) :!:
Guitars and Blades

Post by Guitars and Blades »

Those are both sweet. Stag rules IMHO and that Typhoon looks cool. I've had my eye on them for awhile.
Great pix.

G&B 8) 8) 8)
Steel strings and steel springs...what could be better?
xilix

Post by xilix »

Gahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! My Typhoon dropped out of my pocket while I was driving and hit some metal on my seatbelt linkage in between the seat and the console and got scratched!This is so terrible! Now I need to buy another Typhoon in Briar next month when I have funds to replace this one. :cry: I knew I should've found my sheath before I started carrying this. Man, it hurts to look at it now.
redeye

Post by redeye »

now now ,dont be sad. they are made to carry and use ,so when they get a "character mark" ya just gotta live with it. OR you can send all damaged knives to me lol really i am sorry that it got scratched i guess the paint aint as durable as we thought huh?
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
xilix

Post by xilix »

Well, it is actually a pretty tough coat whatever they used. The scratch is really not all that bad, I'm just anal about my toys. You're right though, I have to be prepared to see some blemishes on these. I have another Typhoon that is red and silver on the way, that will be the one that gets pampered. I also have a honey horn Leverletto coming as well. I'm not big on stilleto-type knives, but the leverletto seems like a really nice piece.

Only one Typhoon left at stu's. I'm curious where I'm going to find them after that is gone. I'm having a hard time finding any of these anywhere. I found a camo one but it's $80+ compared to stu's $64. Other than that, no Typhoon's anywhere.
leighdog

Post by leighdog »

Go through the good ones list and you may find what you need.
Gerber02

Post by Gerber02 »

What does the spine on that Typhoon look like? Solid? Bushings? I like solid knives myself. Maybe you can photo from back? GERBER02