Due Buoi In Stag

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Also, from the fine close-up photo you can see the excellent bolster-to-scale interface, how flush the pin is to the scale, how flush the pin in the bottom of the bolster is (yes there is actually a pin there), the scale-to-liner fit, the liner-to-backspring fit etc.

Jim
joeybladez

Post by joeybladez »

mr_edge wrote:
jim d, wrote:mr_edge,

I believe they are in production and Tiny is expecting them this month.

Jim
Thanks Jim...read your review and it definitely sold me. Doesn't seem like Tiny is offering flatgrounds though?
Thats what I want, one in flat grind.
Freedom isnt free
Vanagas

Post by Vanagas »

That's a beaut, enjoy!
Mike
Auto Matt X

Post by Auto Matt X »

Thanks, Vanagas. I haven't enjoyed a switchblade this much in a long time.

Another really nice thing about the example I received is that it hasn't developed any swish marks on the tang or blade, which is awesome. A first for me on a stiletto. Maybe there are bushings in there to prevent it? Are any of you guys getting swish marks or not on yours?
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Matt,

You wrote "I haven't enjoyed a switchblade this much in a long time." That is very interesting because I feel the same way and was trying to figure out why. I have acquired some nice (by my standards at least) switchblades this past year. It was just about a week ago I picked up a perfect 13 Campolin picklock for example.

My theory is that we like it so much for a couple of reasons. First is the overall quality, fit and finish that has been discussed and which exceeded expectations. We all like a pleasant surprise. Second, at least for me is perhaps that although it looks like the Italian stiletto that it is, it has a feel unlike any other. Something new, different, and nice.

Any other thoughts?

Jim
gunner

Post by gunner »

Those detailed pics are great! Badass design! I'm loving the well finished stag too. Kind of like a classic italian retaliation again all those fancy machined aluminum coilspring autos the USA created. All the jaw-dropping precision, but made of stag, horn & steel...not to mention leaf-spring acoustics! I can't wait to get one, maybe later even an extra for EDC.
Last edited by gunner on Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
SPRINGER KÖNIG
G.D

Post by G.D »

:) Great reviews on a on a sweet looking knife I`ve already decided I want one in a flat grind the tough decision is gonna be scale material :) ...G.D
arthas
Cutlery Town Warrior

Post by arthas »

Hello all!

You comments are great! Thank you very much, you opinions alone pay us for all the efforts made to produce this knife!

M.
Auto Matt X

Post by Auto Matt X »

Arthas, all of you deserve cheers for the beautiful job you did. It's a fantastic knife. Pass my regards on to the craftsmen, designer, and everyone involved.

Jim, you've pretty much summed it up. I'm pretty picky, so I was pleasantly surprised how nice it was when I unwrapped it. Also I really appreciate originality, and even though it eludes to the classic design, it has a character all it's own with all the different features. I love the heaviness, the shark fin safety, and tiny flat oval button. Mine is wearing in nicely. The snap is lightning fast and has a great sound 8)
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
butch

Post by butch »

I really like the blade grind on this knife. 8)
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

arthas wrote:Hello all!

You comments are great! Thank you very much, you opinions alone pay us for all the efforts made to produce this knife!

M.
Marvelous! Now that all your costs are covered by means of our hefty praise, does this mean we all get a free knife now??? :lol:
storebought

Post by storebought »

jim d, wrote:Also, from the fine close-up photo you can see the excellent bolster-to-scale interface, how flush the pin is to the scale, how flush the pin in the bottom of the bolster is (yes there is actually a pin there), the scale-to-liner fit, the liner-to-backspring fit etc.

Jim
This is a beautiful blade. Arthos, please make one in every scale configuration and size you can think of, and I promise to buy more collector's cases to hold them.

I do, however, take exception to the characterization of these knifes as "forged." They are not. As Jim points out, the bolsters are soldered (or otherwise attached) to the liners. The liner / bolster unit was not born as one.

Now, I don't care. That is my only beaaatch. These are beautiful knives with (apparently) solid metal bolsters and fine liner, blade and scale materials.
Never trust the weird looking little dog ~ or anyone else for that matter.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Mr. SB,

I find it interesting that someone who doesn't even own one of these knives takes it upon himself to be a self-proclaimed expert on their construction. Contrary to your "beaaatch", the liners and bolsters are indeed one piece forgings, one for the front of the knife, another for the back. The back spring is a separate piece and is sandwiched between the afore mentioned forgings.

What's more, Jim did not say what you attribute to him.

May I suggest you carefully read the contents of the various threads dealing with the development of these knives? You will find it most elucidating.
storebought

Post by storebought »

natcherly wrote:Mr. SB,

I find it interesting that someone who doesn't even own one of these knives takes it upon himself to be a self-proclaimed expert on their construction. Contrary to your "beaaatch", the liners and bolsters are indeed one piece forgings, one for the front of the knife, another for the back. The back spring is a separate piece and is sandwiched between the afore mentioned forgings.

What's more, Jim did not say what you attribute to him.

May I suggest you carefully read the contents of the various threads dealing with the development of these knives? You will find it most elucidating.
Mea culpa; I mean no disrespect at all, have indeel read the posts, and don't proclaim to be an expert at all. To be more clear regarding my late-night beer induced post is that the bolsters and liners do not look like one piece from Auto Matt X's pic?? If I am wrong, please correct me.
Never trust the weird looking little dog ~ or anyone else for that matter.
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

I can see where you're coming from, store. The photo seems to show a faint line that looks like a two-piece constructon. I've looked at mine, and nearly poked an eye out, and can say that it all looks like one piece, really.

So, in a Chardonnay-induced sort of way, I Hereby Chastise Thee, in the name of nobody in particular! Easy mistake to make, all things considered.

So go buy one already, then your mind will be at peace.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?