Movie & TV Knives

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Wray1958

Movie & TV Knives

Post by Wray1958 »

Have you purchased a knife because you were influenced by one you saw in a movie or TV show. I bought a Emerson PUK because I liked the one that Bruce Willis carried in Tears Of The Sun. I also got a few autos that Kiefer Sutherland used in the TV show 24. Got most of them but the Sandshark was way out of reach.
Attachments
Tears 4.png
Tears 4.png (413.31 KiB) Viewed 2510 times
Wray1958

Re: Movie & TV Knives

Post by Wray1958 »

If someone knows where I can get the original Emerson Police Utility Knife sheath new old stock please let me know.
Attachments
Emerson PUK sheath.jpg
Emerson PUK sheath.jpg (157.89 KiB) Viewed 2435 times
Last edited by Wray1958 on Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I remember when Rambo first came out. A bunch of us ordered a cheap knock off of that through a magazine, I think.
Wray1958

Post by Wray1958 »

Yes, I still have my Rambo knife.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

whippersnapper wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:50 am I remember when Rambo first came out. A bunch of us ordered a cheap knock off of that through a magazine, I think.
I know Bud K catalog used to sell them back in the day.
2024 candidate for president
novice

Post by novice »

I only have 1, a Terminator 2 replica. Scrolling craigslist posts for knives and it had just been listed. It was close by and cheap so I nabbed it.

This is a web pic, mine is put away...somewhere. Actually well made and balanced. Feels somewhat like a large Sykes-Fairbairn -

Same listing had this one and I grabbed it for $5. It's from the 80s Stallone film Cobra. A true hunk of crap and a replica of a replica so not really a movie version. There are several blade styles (only 1 correct) with the same grip,; mine is not correct. Very uncomfortable but looked "scary" -

I do have one on the wish list, Cold Steel Trailmaster from Flight of the Intruder -