whats your opinion? looks old

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
missaman

whats your opinion? looks old

Post by missaman »

ebay 2193303557 Any ideas??
Missaman
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

missaman - go over to TSF - i already starterd a thread on this one, but the general opinion from the experts is that is is indeed legit!
missaman

Post by missaman »

Thanks Mr. Bigg,
My computer is not tsf friendly i've been kicked off four times tonight. keep getting error messages. the only site i have this problem. :cry:
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

missaman,

I have the same problem, but it is with all delphiforums. Is yours also all delphi or just tsf?

I do believe that Vagrant will not be able to resist responding to the likes of "My computer is not tsf friendly i've been kicked off four times tonight"

Jim
missaman

Post by missaman »

JimD,
I don't know, tsf is the only delphi forum i visit, i think.
Best case i get an error message, worst case the computer restarts without warning.
The guys here said my cookies may be set to tight??? I keep my cookies in the kitchen :roll: . Can anybody explain what cookies are?? Aside from the obvious smart a%% answers.
Missaman
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

from "the glossary of internet terms"
Cookie
The most common meaning of "Cookie" on the Internet refers to a piece of information sent by a Web Server to a Web Browser that the Browser software is expected to save and to send back to the Server whenever the browser makes additional requests from the Server.
Depending on the type of Cookie used, and the Browsers' settings, the Browser may accept or not accept the Cookie, and may save the Cookie for either a short time or a long time.

Cookies might contain information such as login or registration information, online "shopping cart" information, user preferences, etc.

When a Server receives a request from a Browser that includes a Cookie, the Server is able to use the information stored in the Cookie. For example, the Server might customize what is sent back to the user, or keep a log of particular users' requests.

Cookies are usually set to expire after a predetermined amount of time and are usually saved in memory until the Browser software is closed down, at which time they may be saved to disk if their "expire time" has not been reached.

Cookies do not read your hard drive and send your life story to the CIA, but they can be used to gather more information about a user than would be possible without them.
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Boy that knife looks familiar did I ever tell you guys the story about a knife like that......................aw maybe someother time.
If you look at the message on the sign in area it tells you about your cookies. Heres what I do and never have a problem. Sign in it won't let you click on already a member. sign in again and it won't let you. Now go to the top left where it says my forums.Click on it and presto you in for the evening.
PB
Greyblade

Post by Greyblade »

I think that the more, let's say, paranoically enthusiastic folks on TSF have finally caused that forum to toss everyone's cookies. :wink:

Greyblade
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

missaman wrote:Thanks Mr. Bigg,
My computer is not tsf friendly i've been kicked off four times tonight. keep getting error messages. the only site i have this problem. :cry:
I can't blame the computer it's my fault that I'm banned 'till Bill Gates runs out of money.