Other uses for g-10

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
BennytheBlade

Other uses for g-10

Post by BennytheBlade »

as most of you probably know.. a very popular knife handle material is g-10. I really like this stuff, as well as the different micartas and I like
this stuff as well.

Well, its a small world, cause my other hobby, R/C cars, is now making the frames of there cars out of this wonderful, durable, impact resistant material
http://www.dxmarket.com/arm/products/CH.html

my 2 hobbies collided... kinda cool

:D
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Benny,

My godfather has G10 inlays. Do you happen to know the chemical composition of G10?

Jim
Ookpik

Post by Ookpik »

G-10 is a laminate made from fiber glass and epoxy resin. It was originally used to make printed circuit boards for electronics. I’m not sure what they add for the different colors.
Greyblade

Post by Greyblade »

Ookpik wrote:G-10 is a laminate made from fiber glass and epoxy resin. It was originally used to make printed circuit boards for electronics. I’m not sure what they add for the different colors.
Gee whiz, Ookpik - could it be pigment? :P

Greyblade
Ookpik

Post by Ookpik »

Greyblade wrote:Gee whiz, Ookpik - could it be pigment? :P
The word “pigment” means “a coloring matter or substance”. So what you are saying is that they add coloring to produce the different colors. I kind of knew that. What I don’t know is what the actual coloring chemicals are, you big hand-job. :P :)
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

Ookpik wrote: you big hand-job. :P :)
that's a new one :lol: i've heard people called wanker or tosser, but never a big hand job :lol: :lol:

nice one mr ookpik!
Greyblade

Post by Greyblade »

Ookpik wrote:
Greyblade wrote:Gee whiz, Ookpik - could it be pigment? :P
The word “pigment” means “a coloring matter or substance”. So what you are saying is that they add coloring to produce the different colors. I kind of knew that. What I don’t know is what the actual coloring chemicals are, you big hand-job. :P :)
Mr. Ookpik, my hairy-palmed friend,

I believe that iron oxides are used to make reddish colors, cobalt compounds are used to make bluish tints, chromium compounds for yellow, and what runs out of your ear when you tip your head to the side is used for deep, rich, albeit malodorous, browns. Try to stay as upright as possible, SFB.

Just call me BHJ 8) ,
Greyblade
Ookpik

Post by Ookpik »

Greyblade wrote:I believe that iron oxides are used to make reddish colors, cobalt compounds are used to make bluish tints, chromium compounds for yellow,
I’m sure it’s a little more complicated, but your answer is on the right track. Why didn’t you offer that information before, you sheep squeezer? :P :)
Greyblade

Post by Greyblade »

Ookpik wrote:
Greyblade wrote:I believe that iron oxides are used to make reddish colors, cobalt compounds are used to make bluish tints, chromium compounds for yellow,
I’m sure it’s a little more complicated, but your answer is on the right track. Why didn’t you offer that information before, you sheep squeezer? :P :)
Because I didn't think you would understand it, you walrus waltzer. :wink:

Greyblade
Ookpik

Post by Ookpik »

What about the other forum members, you goat gargler? :P :)