so what's everyone's favorite non-auto folder?

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
wendigo

Post by wendigo »

I've been carrying a Spyderco Endura Light Weight PE VG-10 for 2 weeks now and I love it. It came eye popping sharp and opens smooth as silk.
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

The Spyderco Delica and Endura are some of the best lightweight folders on the market. They can take abuse, hold an excellent edge and Spyderco has one of the best warranties in the business.
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

A mikov non auto folder
catavenger

Fav blade

Post by catavenger »

Although I carry a beat up spyderco must of the time I think my favorite folder is an old very sharp buck 110 drilled for a lanyard. I just got a new S&W folder I would post its picture if I could figure out how. Any one care to tell me also would like to know how you post the little pictures next to your names? And how do I turn the HTML here on ??? :roll: :?: sorry to be so dumb![/img]
J-man

Post by J-man »

I've carried a PE FRN VG10 Spyderco Delica lately.
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

sargco quicksilver...
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

wendigo wrote:I've been carrying a Spyderco Endura Light Weight PE VG-10 for 2 weeks now and I love it. It came eye popping sharp and opens smooth as silk.
eye popping sharp? never heard that one!! hope you don't test it that way :lol: i always prefer "hair splitting" sharp, less painful to demonstrate!

i carry a spyderco native, as i said previous in this thread, but it's still my favorite!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

During hunting season it's a six bladed, horn handled, Outdoor 7 from SKM
the rest of the time a Horn handle, carbon steel, Fontinelle Le Sabot [French] jack knife. [A Victorinox cybertool Swiss Army Knife is used for everything except cutting].
catavenger

S&W you don't have to load

Post by catavenger »

I recently bought a S&W Cutting Horse it's a real sweet knife opens quick I think its my new favorite for a carry knife although I still am real fond of myBuck 110.
.45acp

Post by .45acp »

My Sebbie or 2nd place is my Strider AR.
.45acp

NRA Life Member
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

My new favorite is a large Herbertz folder that my daughter bought for me while in Germany on a school trip. It is a 9 inch lockback with engraved brass bolsters and thick brass liners. What makes it special to me is not so much the knife itself (I know what it is), but the fact that my daughter thought of me and chose A KNIFE, imagine that, to be the gift she bought for me.

Jim
J-man

Post by J-man »

jim d, wrote:My new favorite is a large Herbertz folder that my daughter bought for me while in Germany on a school trip. It is a 9 inch lockback with engraved brass bolsters and thick brass liners. What makes it special to me is not so much the knife itself (I know what it is), but the fact that my daughter thought of me and chose A KNIFE, imagine that, to be the gift she bought for me.

Jim
Jim, you are raising a very intelligent and probably knife friendly daughter you have created a blessing to the human race and knife-nuts alike :D :lol:
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

J-man,

Thanks for the complement. She is intelligent and knife friendly, and I hope and pray that she will be a credit to the human race :)

Jim
Stone Knife

until the CQC7 shows up...

Post by Stone Knife »

The little blade in my Leatherman PST has been through heck 'n back and I sharpened it for the first time in it's 3-year life just last week.

I kind of take it for granted, but it's been an outstanding little cutting tool since day 1 and holds a very good edge through daily abuse.

The rave reviews here about the Emerson CQC7 (especially from The Falcon) has been enough that I'm a-gonna try one... Have wondered about the SOG Flash 2 as well...
missaman

Post by missaman »

the gerber swiss army pliers are good too. one hand open on the pliers. someone should invent one of these jobs where you can open the knife, without having to open the pliers. 8)