carbon steel bench scraper?

This is a forum for discussion on professional kitchen knives and accessories. This forum is sponsored by Due Buoi.

Moderators: natcherly, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
iamjberube

carbon steel bench scraper?

Post by iamjberube »

hello all-
i'm a chef in new york. while on my honeymoon a few months ago we visited my wife's uncle in chamonix. he had an incredible (and obviously quite old) carbon steel bench scraper with a rounded handle. i've been looking for one for myself, with no luck so far. any help would be appreciated, including the french or german name for a bench scraper so i could search their ebay sites. thanks...
Christian

Re: carbon steel bench scraper?

Post by Christian »

This Bench Scraper, by Ateco, is made of durable stainless steel. It's dishwasher safe and sanitary. Use scraper to cut or divide dough. It can also be used to scrape excess flour and dough from work surface. Blade measures 4 x 3-inches. By Ateco. Since 1905, Ateco has supplied fine restaurants and bakeries with quality built, specialty baking tools. Ateco products are internationally renowned for their high quality. When you use Ateco products, you’re not only enjoying quality craftsmanship, you’re also enjoying quality design; the products are a result of over one hundred years and four generations of innovation and development.
I use my bench scraper probably more than any other tool I have, except maybe a whisk or wooden spoon. I use it to clean my counter after kneading bread, or making pastry. I use it to cut my dough in portions, to scoop all my cut up stuff into a pot for soup or stew, For what it costs it has earned its keep over and over.