Gerber Quality?

This is a forum for discussion on professional kitchen knives and accessories. This forum is sponsored by Due Buoi.

Moderators: natcherly, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
baumgrenze

Gerber Quality?

Post by baumgrenze »

I tried searching for comments on the quality of Gerber kitchen knifes. I found accolades for the period 1939-1987 but could not tease out whether or not the quality dropped after the Fiskars purchase. How do you rank them relative to Henckles, F Dick, Messermeister, etc? I am aware that Gerber/Fiskars no longer produces kitchen knives.

I am attempting to reduce my collection of kitchen knives. I have an 8" dhef's knife (#60025), a 10" chef's knife (60029) and a 10" steel (60024). They were purchased by a friend (now deceased) when he heard that production would be discontinued. If I decide to sell them, what is a reasonable price point?

Thanks,

baumgrenze
tanto27

Re: Gerber Quality?

Post by tanto27 »

Why would you want to reduce your knife collection? I the least used ones in a box in the basement.