Lin Rhea Hunter

Use this area for any discussion on sporting knives in general, but also hunting, fishing, diving, and similar.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
LGustin

Lin Rhea Hunter

Post by LGustin »

I recently found out that a master bladesmith lives a few miles from me. I reached out to him asking about his knives and if he had a storefront. As luck would have it he did not have a storefront and everything is made to order. He invited me over to see the forge and learn a little about knife making. My intent was to go see how it all works and hopefully get on the waitlist for a new skinning knife. Mr Rhea was stoking a coal fire forge when we pulled up to his shop. We were there for a couple hours and during that time he took a piece of 80CrV2 and hammered out a skinner with about a 4” blade. He asked if I liked that knife he would put my name on it and have it ready for pick up in a few weeks. My wife helped pick out some ram horn scales and now I am anxiously waiting for the call saying it’s ready. Lin was a pleasure to visit with and a wealth of knowledge on knife making.
boots

Re: Lin Rhea Hunter

Post by boots »

A Razorback switchblade! I'm in for that, does he have a website?
LGustin

Post by LGustin »

boots wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:51 am A Razorback switchblade! I'm in for that, does he have a website?
Me too Boots
I didn’t even talk to him about switchblades, maybe that will come up in my next visit. His claim to fame design is called the X-Rhea, it’s an entire knife forged from one piece of steel. His website is rheaknives.com
boots

Post by boots »

LGustin wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:47 am
boots wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:51 am A Razorback switchblade! I'm in for that, does he have a website?
Me too Boots
I didn’t even talk to him about switchblades, maybe that will come up in my next visit. His claim to fame design is called the X-Rhea, it’s an entire knife forged from one piece of steel. His website is rheaknives.com
WOW! he does some beautiful work!
LGustin

Post by LGustin »

I picked up my knives yesterday, a late Christmas present to myself. He had several knives in the works getting ready for some blade shows. I am beyond pleased with my two, the blades are polished but have rust inhibitor on them so they don’t show well in the pic..
IMG_4366.jpeg
IMG_4366.jpeg (126.46 KiB) Viewed 7424 times
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Very nice LGustin .
Like both examples ,but the one in ramshorn is right up my alley ,would love to have one .

Thanks for posting them .
LGustin

Post by LGustin »

Ya, my favorite too. That’s the one I originally ordered. While watching him forge the blade for it he showed me the other one. That one is called an X-Rhea and is his signature design. I ended up getting both.