I see you enjoy both .25 and .32 Autos.

Use this area for any discussion on sporting knives in general, but also hunting, fishing, diving, and similar.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
muskrat man

Re: I see you enjoy both .25 and .32 Autos.

Post by muskrat man »

.22LR vs. 25 ACP ballistics are similar if you compare velocities from equal length barrels. .25 is center fire which is unquestionably more reliable ignition (especially when you factor in the bulk pack .22 ammo that can have up to a 10% failure to fire). If I had to pick one to carry in an auto it would probably be the .25,in a revolver I would be more comfortable with the .22, if it goes click just pull the trigger again, no malfunctions to clear or actions to cycle to get back in the fight. And as they say a .22 in the pocket is better than a .45 in the safe.

But I'm not sure this is the topic the OP had in mind.
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

I have seen videos comparing .22 long rifle to the .25 ACP and from 2-2.5" barreled pistol barrels, ballistics are nearly identical. The primary differences between the two are:

a) The .22 is a rim fire cartridge (the problem with these are a tendency to foul when oil seeps past the heel-type bullet, fouling the propellant, thus rendering the cartridge inert). Rim fire cartridges have a greater tendency to misfire/fail.

b) The .25 ACP is a Center fire cartridge and is less prone to primer failure (greater reliability).

c) The .22 Long Rifle has a "plated" lead bullet with is more likely to deform.

d) The .25 ACP uses a jacketed bullet which will not deform, thus will penetrate more deeply.

Shot placement is king, penetration is queen, everything else is "angels dancing on the heads of pins".

End of story
Fishtail Picklock
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

If you put one in the scrotum that should put them down. I wouldn't carry a 22 or 25 for defense unless that was all I had. I have a Kahr cw380 and when I carry it I don't feel like I'm well protected. I carry a Glock 26 with a plus-2 mag bottom giving me 13 rounds, I use Winchester 124 grain hp plus p and with that I feel like I'm protected. Maybe I'm a little paranoid but better safe than sorry! Remington 870 with 3" duck loads for home defense and if they get past that it just ain't in the cards for me, Jesus must be calling!
2024 candidate for president
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

I enjoy several .32 ACP pistols. A Yugoslavian CZ 70 is one of my favorites. Not only is it reliable, but it shoots extremely well. I can shoot tight groups with boring regularity. This, coupled with excellent penetration, makes it a MARVELOUS pistol for "bad breath" ranges.

It isn't my first choice, but take my word for it, in a pinch, it's quite effective.
Fishtail Picklock
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

dark2023 wrote:
to muzzel the report i shot thru a cloth diaper...... didn't make it thru the diaper.
If thats true then there must have been something wrong with the ammunition because I've seen .32 do some nice things to apples and water jugs. Small, but nice.
Honestly though, I personally prefer concealed carry pieces in 9x18mm Makarov chamberings (p-64 anyone?)
The Makarov was my favorite round and of all the Macs I had, the P64 was my favorite. I had three of them and sorry I got rid of them. I was watching a video on youtube one day about the P64 and forgot myself for a split second and fired a round through a closet door, a wall, into a bathroom shower surround and it stopped somewhere in the wall without making a exit. Dumbest thing I ever did. ( maybe ) I'm glad you brought the P64 up cause I think I'll get another. Loved the gun because of the size, comfort and trigger. I now carry a S&W bodyguard 380. Or a Ruger LCR .22 mag.
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
redeye

Post by redeye »

This one is my .32 of choice 1903 COLT HAMMERLESS. Made in 1905 . Shoots great, damn accurate too for being a 112 years old.
Attachments
IMG_1890.JPG
IMG_1890.JPG (37.43 KiB) Viewed 10025 times
IMG_1889.JPG
IMG_1889.JPG (36.43 KiB) Viewed 10025 times
IMG_1888.JPG
IMG_1888.JPG (36.21 KiB) Viewed 10025 times
IMG_1887.JPG
IMG_1887.JPG (38.88 KiB) Viewed 10025 times
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Probably worth a pretty penny too!
2024 candidate for president
redeye

Post by redeye »

sammy the blade wrote:Probably worth a pretty penny too!

To me it is lol
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
BruceS

Post by BruceS »

In my business we de-mill old evidence guns. Gets lots of .25 acp pistols. Usually Ravens, Jennings, Beretta, Colt, Sterling and other I don't recall now. The guns always have evidence tags on them with the offense. Some are murder and suicide. This cartridge will kill, and in the case of a suicide, there isn't time for a second shot if you know what I mean. The standard ball .25 acp (Round Nose) is the best performer for making a big wound channel. The hollow points by different makers don't perform well, or as well as regular ball.

Bruce