Condor Knife & Tool CTK 4057C14.4

Use this area for any discussion on sporting knives in general, but also hunting, fishing, diving, and similar.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
kugr

Re: Condor Knife & Tool CTK 4057C14.4

Post by kugr »

Just my 2 untrained cents... I love the spike style... then I was enlightened on that style vs the no spike style... when fighting with a hawk (again, untrained, but it made logical sense) holding it down by the head, blade out, the handle acts as a batton and the blade is safely away from you. Now if we add spike, it can now be used against you, just by shoving it into you. Spikeless, it's now a "safe" weapon. No chance to be used against you. Again, I'm not trained with a hawk, but it made sense. I am sure both styles have their uses.

Now for the sharpening... props! I am way to lazy to hand sharpen anything larger than a small folder. I even bought the ken onion worksharp sharpener for my hawks and fixed blades...
Looking for those un-repairable, lost cause stilettos.
ervinjason

Post by ervinjason »

I think you know what I'm seeking in a tomahawk. This will be used primarily when I want to defend my place/person without using a handgun/shotgun. I want to swing it (spike first) at an intruder's skull, or blade first to lop off/remove an arm. You know this is the original purpose of the weapon.
Alight Motion on PC is the first professional motion design app bringing you professional-quality animation, motion graphics, visual effects, video editing, video compositing, and more!
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Scary first post.