Hi to all from another newbie

This board is for announcements about TalkBlade. You can also use it if you want to suggest or discuss new features for this forum. New users: please introduce yourselves here!

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
twinzdad

Hi to all from another newbie

Post by twinzdad »

Hi all, twinzdad checking in for the first time. I've already made some great purchases on blade auction, so I know a few sellers and have had nothiong but good experiences so far, and great advice from them also :lol:

I do have 1 question/gripe though. I understand the reasoning behind the paypal +3% charge some tack on, but whats the deal with some sellers charging +3.5% or +4%? Can anyone shed some light on this one for me?
Thanks in advance,
twinzdad
GOD Bless Our Soldiers!
Xarathos

Post by Xarathos »

Welcome to TalkBlade twinzdad. You'll love this place, well maybe. :lol: There are different thoughts on PayPal, I used to use it, I don't anymore. In some states the surcharges are illegal. Personaly I think it's a hose down. More hassle than I am willing to deal with.
"All right you primitive screw heads listen up."
twinzdad

Thanks

Post by twinzdad »

Xarathos,
The biggest problem so far is I want every knife I see! :shock:

twinzdad
GOD Bless Our Soldiers!
Xarathos

Re: Thanks

Post by Xarathos »

twinzdad wrote:Xarathos,
The biggest problem so far is I want every knife I see! :shock:

twinzdad
I feel your pain. Just filter out the junk, the clones, the trendy stuff, and stick to the dealers in the good ones sticky. And mortage your house, sell your blood, your soul, etc., and you'll be okay. :wink:
"All right you primitive screw heads listen up."
daddyloko

Post by daddyloko »

3.5% is the amount PayPal charges to electronically transfer the amount of the transaction into to your bank account. PayPal will issue you a check for free if you want your funds that way. So who's to know if the seller you paid PayPal with is charging you the transfer fee and having PayPal send the funds to them by a check.
twinzdad

Post by twinzdad »

abe suarez wrote:3.5% is the amount PayPal charges to electronically transfer the amount of the transaction into to your bank account. PayPal will issue you a check for free if you want your funds that way. So who's to know if the seller you paid PayPal with is charging you the transfer fee and having PayPal send the funds to them by a check.
I'm not trying to be disagreeable, but my wife's been doing business with PayPal online for several years now. They charge 3% (actually 2.9% with a premiere account) and a $.30 cent transaction fee. I don't mind paying for the speed of paypal, it just seems like people are getting a bit greedy with this service. I'm sorry if I offended anyone, I was just looking for an answer, and will let the subject drop

Thanks again to all, this forum is really great! I love the knives and the variety of posts to read. I live near Eugene and am dying to go the next knive show up there, hopefully I'll see some of you face to face.

I;ve searched the threads, but can't seem to find the instructions for assembling a lever letto kit. Could someone please point me in the right direction?
Thanks again,
twinzdad
GOD Bless Our Soldiers!
daddyloko

Post by daddyloko »

don't mind paying for the speed of paypal, it just seems like people are getting a bit greedy with this service.
That's my exact sentiment as well. And I'm sure most all here would agree.
Benkei

Post by Benkei »

Hi twinzdad, a hearty and warm welcome to you. Im pretty new around here too, but I understand your gripe.
Generally, nowadays I would have thought there must be a better and cheaper way of moving money. By that I mean some people don't take PayPal, others only if it's a bank debit, then you have the costs on top as you mention.
If your making purchases outside the States it's even more patchy, in fact some big retailers will only take MO (money orders) which is a $15+ hyke on the price, just for the privilege :( dhaaa banks, :evil:
rant over :wink:

kind regards
Bill
This is no time for levity! :roll: