no longer

This board is for announcements about TalkBlade. You can also use it if you want to suggest or discuss new features for this forum. New users: please introduce yourselves here!

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
dbozz2000

no longer

Post by dbozz2000 »

gone
Last edited by dbozz2000 on Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
sammy the blade

Re: Looking for info. on filli Diliorio frosolone switchblade, Made In Italy Tang stamp 50's

Post by sammy the blade »

Lots of knowledge here, unfortunately it isn't me. Someone will come along soon and fill you in on your knife. Impressive piece!
2024 candidate for president
dbozz2000

Re: Looking for info. on filli Diliorio frosolone switchblade, Made In Italy Tang stamp 50's

Post by dbozz2000 »

thx I also asked on sharper deal knife forum and received a bunch of great info. although no one had seen one like it. So just trying to establish the "rarity" of it.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

I'd say if nobody has seen one it's defiantly a rare one. Bill will probably have some info on it when he checks in next!
2024 candidate for president
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

It's rare.
Probably made in Frosolone from parts made in Maniago.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Mighty fine looking knife.
It's how I would imagine a :black beauty "to be .
It's the archetypal switchblade and that blademark is great,I love these double markings on the blades
I have been looking on Google for anything that relates to the mark ,there's a lot in Italian...I'm wondering if it means anything specific to them or is it just a town name mark.
I am sure someone knows as I saw a switchblade wants ad and it mentioned these specific fili Dilorio knives.
I am but a novice but will keep looking.

Great knife ,hope you find what you are looking for on it ,but as Bill says many were parts assembled knives in the Maniago cottage industry ....still someone deemed it worthwhile to add that stamp to set it aside ....

Good luck and thanks for showing it

Ian
dbozz2000

Post by dbozz2000 »

gravknife wrote:Mighty fine looking knife.
It's how I would imagine a :black beauty "to be .
It's the archetypal switchblade and that blademark is great,I love these double markings on the blades
I have been looking on Google for anything that relates to the mark ,there's a lot in Italian...I'm wondering if it means anything specific to them or is it just a town name mark.
I am sure someone knows as I saw a switchblade wants ad and it mentioned these specific fili Dilorio knives.
I am but a novice but will keep looking.

Great knife ,hope you find what you are looking for on it ,but as Bill says many were parts assembled knives in the Maniago cottage industry ....still someone deemed it worthwhile to add that stamp to set it aside ....

Good luck and thanks for showing it

Ian
Thanks