New From Sunny Fla.

This board is for announcements about TalkBlade. You can also use it if you want to suggest or discuss new features for this forum. New users: please introduce yourselves here!

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
wazu013

New From Sunny Fla.

Post by wazu013 »

I just want to introduce myself to this forum. I am a 58 year old man living the dream in Central Florida. I grew up in Western N.Y. and lived and worked there for 52 years. After shoveling 7ft. of snow I deceided that I needed a change so I took an early out and found paradise. I have been collecting knives since 1966 when my Father gave me my first two knives which happened to be an Ulster Boy Scout knife and a Buck 110. Since then I have filled several cabinets and a bedroom with an assortment of beauties. As for autos my interest started when I bought a couple of kit knives from EDGECO back in the late 70's early 80's that I still have today. Now I have a couple of dozen automatics and switchblades from the low end cheapies from China, that I beat the heck out of, to an AB stag Damascas Leverlock and an Eig Cutlery picklock a few Hubies and an AKC Classic stiletto for good measure. My EDC now is a scale release V&D D/A auto with a 3" AUS10 blade and Zytel scales.
You guys will see that as a forum member I mind my own business and I'll try to help out when I can. I'll post some pics when I can but most of all I plan on learning from the people I see in here. It looks like there are some very astute members in this forum. Thanks for your time reading my dribble.
Wazu013
Last edited by wazu013 on Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
“The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed.”
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: New From Sunny Fla.

Post by Vagrant »

Welcome
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Great intro Mr. wazu! Welcome aboard!
jmack1944

Post by jmack1944 »

Welcome Wazu from an old neighour in Toronto. Can't blame you for moving to Florida.
john

Post by john »

Hello and Welcome wazu013,
You've come to the right place to learn more about your hobby/addiction. I'm new at collecting, but I am addicted. My favorite knife is the Italian Stiletto. When you have the time we would love to see a few of your favorite knives and don't forget this is, "The web's most friendly community on knives and blades."
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

Welcome Wazu from an old neighour in Toronto. Can't blame you for moving to Florida.
I spent the afternoon watching the Blue Jays beat Detroit in a preseason game at the stadium in Dunedin, FLA.

Wazu013
“The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed.”
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

HOWDY !!!
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Greetings and WELCOMENESS Mr. wazu013!

Lotta fellow Floridians here...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
jmack1944

Post by jmack1944 »

wazu013 wrote:Welcome Wazu from an old neighour in Toronto. Can't blame you for moving to Florida.
I spent the afternoon watching the Blue Jays beat Detroit in a preseason game at the stadium in Dunedin, FLA.

Wazu013
Life's a bitch isn't it Wazu? 8)
lars

Post by lars »

Welcome aboard, Mr. wazu013! Great intro!
panner

Post by panner »

:) :!: Greetings from Canada,enjoy your stay :!:
EVERY MAN DIES : NOT EVERY MAN REALLY LIVES.
gramps

Post by gramps »

How you doing Mr. Wazu013...Nice to have you here!... Welcome! :)
If I only knew!
jmack1944

Post by jmack1944 »

Any place where you are in Florida to get good wings Mr. W.? To bad the Anchor Bar doesn't deliver. I hope you're still a Bills fan. Do you mind if I axed which part of W. NY you lived at?
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

Any place where you are in Florida to get good wings Mr. W.? To bad the Anchor Bar doesn't deliver. I hope you're still a Bills fan. Do you mind if I axed which part of W. NY you lived at?
I am from the Town of Tonawanda which is a suburb North of Buffalo. I found the Wing House down here has some good wings and I am still a Bills fan even though it's hard to see a game from here. I do have Sabres and Bills stickers on my truck. My wife is always wearing her Anchor bar t-shirt to remind us where the real thing was invented. She also makes a heck of a wing too (secret recipe).
wazu013
jmack1944

Post by jmack1944 »

wazu013 wrote:Any place where you are in Florida to get good wings Mr. W.? To bad the Anchor Bar doesn't deliver. I hope you're still a Bills fan. Do you mind if I axed which part of W. NY you lived at?
I am from the Town of Tonawanda which is a suburb North of Buffalo. I found the Wing House down here has some good wings and I am still a Bills fan even though it's hard to see a game from here. I do have Sabres and Bills stickers on my truck. My wife is always wearing her Anchor bar t-shirt to remind us where the real thing was invented. She also makes a heck of a wing too (secret recipe).
wazu013
I know Tonawanda very well. I live in Oakville so you are just down the road from me.
How do you feel about the Bills playing part of their schedule in Toronto? Been to a lot of Sabres and Bills games. At one time my ex and I and our 2 best friends would go to Buffalo Friday and stay at the Marriott in Amherst. Pig out on wings on Friday night, Sabres game Saturday night and then a Bills game on Sunday. Rowdiest fans at the Bills games usually were the Canucks. Bunch of a-holes. Any good knife stores in the Falls or Buffalo area?