Another new member

This board is for announcements about TalkBlade. You can also use it if you want to suggest or discuss new features for this forum. New users: please introduce yourselves here!

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Bugjuice

Another new member

Post by Bugjuice »

Hello, my name is Earl, yet another new member. A new older member, I've been retired for several years now. and for about the last four of them I've gotten into knife collecting. My focus has been on U.S. vintage pocket knives. I very much like automatics but didn"t own one until three years ago when I bought a Boker convert with a hidden release button under the plastic scale from that website that pretends he's sleaze, but I don't think he is really. However the Boker fired about ten times then quit, so I wasn't impressed with that. I'm sure its fixable but one needs a funny 4-pegged tool to remove the blade pin and I don't have one. That kind of turned me off buying autos for awhile but then a friend who is also in the knife business, gave me two very nice knifes, one a 1920,s Schrade two-bladed penknife in primo condition. Each side has its own safety and everything works. He also gave me a small Sharp Eagle brand semi-tactical knife which isn't all that pretty but works well and opens with a very satisfying whack for its size. These are both great specimens and have seriously whetted my appetite for a few more autos.
I've only been browsing this site for a couple of days but I've seen so many nice things I can hardly believe my eyes. There are so many cool things. I'm hoping that not only will I make some new friends and expand my collection but that I will have something to contribute to the site and blade collecting in general.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: Another new member

Post by Vagrant »

Welcome
jmack1944

Post by jmack1944 »

Welcome Bugjuice. Nice intro. No pun intended but I see you have the 'bug' like the rest of us. BTW there is no cure for it. It is terminal so just relax and drink plenty of liquids and click therapy seems to ease the side effects. 8)
lars

Post by lars »

Welcome aboard!
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Hello!
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Greetings and WELCOMENESS Mr. Bugjuice!

My grandmother used to call soy sauce "bugjuice."
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

HOWDY !!!
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
panner

Post by panner »

:) :!: Welcome Earl,enjoy :!:
EVERY MAN DIES : NOT EVERY MAN REALLY LIVES.
john

Post by john »

Hello and Welcome Bugjuice Earl,
You've come to the right place to learn more about switchblade knives. Take a look at some of the blade pictures and other topics. This forum is like the encyclopedia of knives. Everyone here is ready an willing to share their knowledge so if you have any questions ask away because this is, "The web's most friendly community on knives and blades." It's just my opinion Italian SB's are the best :!:
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Furcs

Post by Furcs »

Welcome!