another newb been lurkin

This board is for announcements about TalkBlade. You can also use it if you want to suggest or discuss new features for this forum. New users: please introduce yourselves here!

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
KMNREMTP

another newb been lurkin

Post by KMNREMTP »

hello. wanted to 'introduce' myself. 24 yr old knife collector. been collecting since i was approximately 13. i guess my favorite type is a used up knife. i don't have any of the high dollar benchmade/spyderco stuff, although i do like it too, i am pretty much attracted to the more rustic blades. never had a true switchblade, just the little cheapies. i have one that's usa made, no clue what it is but it has a nice weight and nice snap to it. i have always wanted a italian style OTF stiletto (thought i saw one in a movie somewhere but i've never seen one again) ANYWAY, i feel like i'm rambling but i figured an intro would be appropriate. =kmnremtp.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: another newb been lurkin

Post by Vagrant »

Welcome
KMNREMTP

Post by KMNREMTP »

thanks, i saw that you were online and knew i'd have a reply shortly. was actually readin the 'ask vagrant' threads. u seem like u'r fulla knowledge. nice to know ya.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

KMNREMTP wrote:thanks, i saw that you were online and knew i'd have a reply shortly. was actually readin the 'ask vagrant' threads. u seem like u'r fulla knowledge. nice to know ya.
Lots of members know more about knives than I do, I'm more or less, the semi-expert on useless information [but even there I have lots of help] :wink:
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Greetings and WELCOMENESS, Mr. KMNREMTP!

Alas, our Mr. Vagrant is entirely too modest - He is the onliest person who has read the entire Imitation Horn thread and determined the 'Secret of Life' from the information hidden within...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

JerrBear wrote:Greetings and WELCOMENESS, Mr. KMNREMTP!

Alas, our Mr. Vagrant is entirely too modest - He is the onliest person who has read the entire Imitation Horn thread and determined the 'Secret of Life' from the information hidden within...
Read it ???
He11 [like others] I helped write :lol:
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Welcome aboard!
lars

Post by lars »

Welcome! :)
john

Post by john »

Hello and Welcome KMNREMTP,
This is the place where you can learn a lot about all types of knives. Read on and enjoy. This is, "The web's most friendly community on knives and blades."
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
KMNREMTP

Post by KMNREMTP »

Thanks for the welcome, i've read posts by all of you! lol no need for 'Mr.' Jerr Bear. I'm just a kid with some kids. I've got one of those Cheap Stilettos, no clue how to take it apart or anything though, but that's all i have in swtchblades are the cheapos. I know I can get it apart, but no clue how to put it back together. i'd love to change the button/scales and maybe do some filework. just interesting seeing the masterpieces that are modified here. hopefully one day i can afford one of these works of art. bout to start nursing school in January so maybe after that!
jmack1944

Post by jmack1944 »

Good luck with the nursing school KMNREMTP. We need more people like you in the world. Many more. Very unselfish profession. You are 24 and that's a great age. I'm many years older than you but if I had my druthers I'd be your age and choose a different path than what I took. Making money seemed to be the only thing worthwhile when I was your age but I will always regret not doing what I really wanted to do: teach. I have a 15 year old daughter and I often pontificate to/with her and she agrees that I should have been a teacher. Follow you heart...not your head. Christ, if only....
KMNREMTP

Post by KMNREMTP »

i don't really know what a pontificate is. but i do appreciate your encouraging words. I guess i do it all for the money really? i gotta feed my youngn's right? but i do enjoy what i do. and i wish you could teach too. i have the utmost respect for teachers (even if there's a lot of psychs that teach!). NONE of us would be where we are today if it werent for teachers. I just went and took a Paramedic Refresher class and hugged my teach's neck and thanked her for helping me become the person i am today.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

WELCOME !!!
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
KMNREMTP

Post by KMNREMTP »

thanks Tryker. nice bike, I used to ride myself until I got so tied up with growing up! Work and Family life, you know. wish i still had time, I do still have my bike but it's just sitting in the shop. maybe one day!
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

sittin in the shop is better than sold, makes a good excuse to get away from the wife and kids , do a little tinkering.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"