Login wierdness

This board is for announcements about TalkBlade. You can also use it if you want to suggest or discuss new features for this forum. New users: please introduce yourselves here!

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
heviarti

Login wierdness

Post by heviarti »

I have two browsers, one stable and not good for much, and another that is crashy but capable of posting pics.

All day today I've been unable to get my other browser to login, and login fails silently. No message, no nothing. Just drops me back to the index. Has the software been updated or anything? Wierd...
I walked a mile in my enemy's shoes.... And then I stole his shoes.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: Login wierdness

Post by Vagrant »

No problems at all, and that is unusual for me :wink:
Usually I'm the 1st to have trouble.
heviarti

Post by heviarti »

Well, if it's something like what I think it might be the average user wouldn't see it. It only occurs on Opera Mini running on Palm.

Need to debug it somehow. This reminds me very much of the trouble I was having logging into yahoo mail on my Alpha. The problem ended up being a bad compiler in Debian Stable (stable my eye!) that hosed javascript math causing passwords to not checksum properly. So, somehow I've gotta debug this or I can't post photos. Who is the board's über tech nerd?
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Sounds like you are...Nobody else here has a clue what the hell you just said. :lol:
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

whippersnapper wrote:Sounds like you are...Nobody else here has a clue what the hell you just said. :lol:
:P :P :P :P :P :P
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
heviarti

Post by heviarti »

Well, It took a bug report to locate the cause of my probs on the alpha. However, I've not changed any setting in the browser and It's worked before... so other than a software update to the forum, I can't think of what it'd be. Who maintains the software?
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

In the past [as far as I know] anytime there was a software change we were notified.
This usually occured when there was a major change such as a new version of the forum.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

You might want to toss your cookies. That often helps....
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

heviarti wrote:Well, It took a bug report to locate the cause of my probs on the alpha. However, I've not changed any setting in the browser and It's worked before... so other than a software update to the forum, I can't think of what it'd be. Who maintains the software?
The Boss, Arthus, is the one in charge of all forum matters like this, you could P.M. him with your question :idea:
heviarti

Post by heviarti »

It seems that opera mini uses a proxy server... Even though I used the link to dump board cookies, it didn't dump 'em on the proxy. :evil:

We need a 'steamed' smiley....