SOLD F/S For Solingen Lovers

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
XBMX

SOLD F/S For Solingen Lovers

Post by XBMX »

SOLD Solid Retro EDC for the German knife lovers within our fold. Why beat up one of your prized Springers when for a third of the cost you can have this in your pocket. Great snap-no play or peak-NIB $115 plus $5 shipping PayPal
lind a.jpg
lind a.jpg (146.89 KiB) Viewed 1676 times
lind d.jpg
lind d.jpg (151.95 KiB) Viewed 1676 times
lind c.jpg
lind c.jpg (158.73 KiB) Viewed 1676 times
Last edited by XBMX on Sun May 15, 2022 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
button_man

Re: F/S For Solingen Lovers

Post by button_man »

$115 is a third of what a Hubertus or Herbertz would cost...? The market now commands $350 for a German leverlock with a 3" blade?
Two years ago, I bought the 10" stag Hubertus (excellent quality.... it's from back when they were still being made really well) for $300.
(Super-strong spring that practically breaks your wrist!)

Honestly, I can't wrap my mind around some of the current prices. A few years ago, I offered the OTF pictured below to a guy who was mildly interested
in buying an auto knife. When I told him that I'd let it go for $100 he got all offended and stalked off in a huff, highly insulted at the "outrageous" price.
He thought I was trying to cheat him or something. I'm glad now.... I still have the knife and wouldn't sell it for that now.

Attachments
snakeskin_OTF__576_cc.jpg
snakeskin_OTF__576_cc.jpg (243.74 KiB) Viewed 1598 times
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

button_man, NOS examples of common models of Hubertus leverlocks can be purchased for significantly less than $350. Having written this, I have seen them go for that much and more. Yours, if NOS, is worth more than you paid. Mine is a wrist snapper as well. It seemed to me that the 8, 10, and 11 cm models were always around in greater numbers than the big guys, making them generally more available.

XBMX, that is an interesting rear stamp on your knife in the photo. I haven't seen that one. What is the complete stamp, and the front stamp as well?

Jim
XBMX

Post by XBMX »

jim d, wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:41 pm button_man, NOS examples of common models of Hubertus leverlocks can be purchased for significantly less than $350. Having written this, I have seen them go for that much and more. Yours, if NOS, is worth more than you paid. Mine is a wrist snapper as well. It seemed to me that the 8, 10, and 11 cm models were always around in greater numbers than the big guys, making them generally more available.

XBMX, that is an interesting rear stamp on your knife in the photo. I haven't seen that one. What is the complete stamp, and the front stamp as well?

Jim
Attachments
zzzzzzz (3).jpg
zzzzzzz (3).jpg (29.27 KiB) Viewed 1560 times
XBMX

Post by XBMX »

button_man wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:04 am .

$115 is a third of what a Hubertus or Herbertz would cost...? The market now commands $350 for a German leverlock with a 3" blade?
Two years ago, I bought the 10" stag Hubertus (excellent quality.... it's from back when they were still being made really well) for $300.

Fully agree, that was my thinking when I decided to sell it. All the fun of your beloved Hubertus or Anton Wingen without the guilt.

XBMX

Post by XBMX »

Bill DeShivs wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:55 pm There must be some mistake. The knife for sale is not a Hubertus, and the tang stamp picture is of a different knife.
I'm not hating on the knife-I just want people to know what it is.
I thought "jim d" was referring to my post in the Hubertus Tang Stanp thread where I was looking for information to date a knife I was selling. Not this knife.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

You learn something new every day! These are clones of an older Massaro design. They aren't Italian.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Ok, I am confused? Seems like missing responses in the thread? IS this a German knife? At first I thought Italy, but I am thinking Asian?
XBMX

Post by XBMX »

Tom19176 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:23 am Ok, I am confused? Seems like missing responses in the thread? IS this a German knife? At first I thought Italy, but I am thinking Asian?
Nice quality actually from Taiwan
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Ok Taiwan so Asian. I know they do produce some good quality knives.
XBMX

Post by XBMX »

Tom19176 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:41 pm Ok Taiwan so Asian. I know they do produce some good quality knives.
Yes they do. Bill first thought it Italian in the earlier post you referred to. Very solid in hand.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

I thought Italy at first too as the blade style and double pins on the bottom are Italy in style.....But there are Asian signs as well.....
XBMX

Post by XBMX »

SOLD
XBMX wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 8:04 pm Solid Retro EDC for the German knife lovers within our fold. Why beat up one of your prized Springers when for a third of the cost you can have this in your pocket. Great snap-no play or peak-NIB $115 plus $5 shipping PayPal
lind a.jpg
lind d.jpg
lind c.jpg